Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pretty quiet rig and would like to keep it that way. I also would like to not have to screw in the end of my stabilizer every time I take it out of the case. For those who use QD's on there hunting rigs : how stable are they? Do they add any noise?

Thanx!

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
i used to use the one that you just unscrew a few turns and then it will fold down along the riser,stand it back up front and tighten and your ready to go again.

· Registered
890 Posts

· Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Catty Shack
12,561 Posts
I use a Jim Posten collet quick-disconnect - works flawlessly.

· Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got mine in the mail today. Fits very tight and secure. Thanx for all the advise everybody. No more screwing and unscrewing that last 3 inches of the stabilizer for me! BTW, CoolHandLuke makes some nice stuff!

· XX78 User
5,019 Posts
Yup, Coolhandluke here on AT. A very good disconnect.:darkbeer:

· Registered
7,451 Posts
These are nice for several reasons, you aren't stripping the threads on you bow from taking it on and off countless times every time you want to go shoot. It's quick and quiet 1/4 to take it off 1/4 turn to put it on. If you're shooting a longer stab for hunting like I do, I toss it in my backpack on the way to my stand in the morning so my bow isn't so ackward to carry. I can put it on in the dark without a light. Many many added benefits with these.

· Registered
19,079 Posts
Great QD's. I have two of them and they are rock solid!!

These are nice for several reasons, you aren't stripping the threads on you bow from taking it on and off countless times every time you want to go shoot. It's quick and quiet 1/4 to take it off 1/4 turn to put it on. If you're shooting a longer stab for hunting like I do, I toss it in my backpack on the way to my stand in the morning so my bow isn't so ackward to carry. I can put it on in the dark without a light. Many many added benefits with these.

· Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've had mine for a few weeks now, so I figured I'd give a little follow-up review for anyone else considering one for their hunting rig.

Installation was easy. Stabilizer pin fits in snug and locks down with about 1/4 turn. Loosen stabilizer 1/4 turn and it lifts right out of the QD housing. I didn't notice any vibration at all from the QD. I have a pretty quite rig, so I would likely notice even the slightest vibration / noise. Very happy with it and has made life easier as far as putting the bow in and out of the case.

:thumb:

· Registered
7,451 Posts
Hey guys, I haven't been on in a while. Ive had some serious health issues and have been paralyzed chest down. Im trying to start back up again. I'd like to say hello to everyone.

· XX78 User
5,019 Posts
Hey guys, I haven't been on in a while. Ive had some serious health issues and have been paralyzed chest down. Im trying to start back up again. I'd like to say hello to everyone.
Glad to see you back!

· Registered
405 Posts
There is another option which may/may not solve your issue. Keep your stabalizer on and buy a cam lock for your bow. This will prevent the issue of taking your bow in and out of the case and will keep you legal in many states at the same time.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.