Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which way is a twin view lens suppose to face in my scope?
Does the extruded part of the lens face me or away? Probably a dumb question. Thanks

·
Registered
19,075 Posts
Convex side toward the target.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. So the extruded center will face away? I don't know if I am explaining it right with this type of lens.

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,678 Posts
Extrusion is a manufacturing process. Is this a commercially available product or homemade?

Here is a convex lenses.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I went to the BriteSite webpage and looked at this type of lens.

The X sight is easily defined, but what does the lens you have do differently? Does it magnify the center, and the rest of the lens is clear glass? Only the center is magnified?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know what I was doing wrong but I could only pick up the center target on a five spot. If I tried the lower corners I would literally hit off of the paper. I don't know how I was picking up a x in my scope and miss the paper. I have never used this type of lens before. I love the idea of being able to see the x clearly but I am clearly doing something g wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
828 Posts
Sounds like something similar to a Truspot lens. Really a pretty basic thing, center the scope housing in the peep, center the magnified circle around the spot you want to shoot. That's all there is to it. Make sure you are looking at the target you want to shoot with the magnified circle.

·
Registered
19,075 Posts
I have found that some lens are not ground exactly in the center & you might have to rotate the lens till it gets closer to the center. Are you using a peep with a lens in it like a clarifier ot old style power peep? That could also be some problem if not turned eight. Like berries boy said above sounds like a Tru-Spot lens & that is what I have been shooting for almost 3 years, Love it!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did try it with a clarifier and it really cleared up the picture. Do you shoot with both eyes open? I am going to get a 3/64 #2 clarifier and I know it will clean up the image. My biggest issue is why I was seeing the target face magnified and I hit off of the paper!
I think it's just going to take some time. I did not put that many shots through it. I could feel myself getting panicky because I did not know if I was really on target or not.
So does the true spot have an extruded center on either side of the lens? This lens works like a true spot I believe but on one side the center is thicker then the rest of the lens. I am trying to figure out if the extruded center is suppose to face me or face away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,075 Posts
Yes I shoot with both eyes open & I am using a 1/32" yellow clarifier & have a 6 power Tru-Spot lens & have a 9" sight extension, I can see just a little of the blue around the white on a nfaa target. My lens is concaved face me & convexed toward the target.
Try marking your lens so you know where it is positioned in the scope & shoot it at 4 positions, mark at 12,3,6, & 9 oclock & see if your hit move from one side of the target to a different spot. If it does that means that the center is not in the center & I have found this before on several different lens.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts