Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody shooting the speed hunters? How do they compare to the Blazers?
Do the Quickspins drop off beyond 30 yards like some claim. Any feedback will be appreciated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
what rest are you using?

I'm shooting a trykon with ics 340s. DL = 28" and 70 lbs. I originally had speed hunter fletchings on all arrows, but had to re-fletch a couple (I had blazers on hand, so used them). I don't really see a drop off at longer distances between the two fletchings, but I'm shooting a whisker biscuit and can tell the speed hunters are getting pretty torn up (with not a lot of shots). The blazer fletched arrows I have look fine (have the same number of shots). I've rotated the nocks on the speed hunter arrows, but can't really find a sweet spot.

If you're shooting a drop away or anything that doesn't really have contact issues, I would say the two fletchings are about equivalent. Even with the torn up fletchings on the speed hunters, they group with the blazer arrows. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I used the QS speed hunters this year and I like them. I have not had any issues with excessive drop or any of the other rumors I've heard. They simply spin the arrow faster. I am getting great groups out to 60 yards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hello and this is a good question i shoot blazers as well all other fletches and i firmly believe that the bow and arrows are only as good as the operator and his knowledge of the bow and arrows he is shooting.the arrow will only drop with these minor changes 1. the arrow weights including the tips 2. the lbs. of draw your biw is set at in comparison to the sights on the bow, nothing else really matters as much as these do to the drop of the arrow in flight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts