Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried quick spin vanes
any problems with them and do they work in standard fletching jig
I am going to re vane my own arrows for the first time(allways had shop do it in the past) any tips or advise

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I have shot all the Quick Spin sizes and prefer the new Speed Hunters over the others. They seem to be more durable but if you shoot any of them in a good target and don't group them they will be ok. If you want some or even a few of different sizes shoot me a PM and we'll work something out. Here's the new Speed Hunters:)

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
hey I shoot the 4 inch their great for stabalizing my broadhead but havent tried anything else. they arent as durable as regular fletchings though.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
I shot the quick spins and the only thing about them is they are quick to fall off or tear off, could not get them to group very well either so put on Blazers and what a differance and they even handle the biggest BH. Been shooting them for 1 1/2 yrs now and will never switch back to another vane.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I enjoy shooting quickspins, as long as i am shootin at single dots.

I hear the smaller 1.5" models hold up a bit better if they are for target.

if you are using a bitz jig to set them you have to spend a bit of time making sure the little airfoil doesn't jack the back up compared to teh front of teh fletch.

great vane and they do work, but for durability they are truthfully not worth as much as they are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks to all who gave advice

ended up buying factory fletched arrows again,didnt buy a jig or quickspins(i have enough trouble keeping regular fletching in tact

·
Extreme Opinionated One
44,277 Posts
Quickspins are nice. No vane stabilizes a arrow better than quickspins does that I've ever seen. However they do have their drawbacks. They are expensive, very fragile, and weigh almost twice as much as other fletching does. I was using them almost exclusively on everything I shot until recently. I just got tired of refletching them all the time and have switched to other vanes. Probably will still shoot them for indoors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts