Archery Talk Forum banner

Quickspin vanes

961 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  oldbhtrnewequip
Has anybody ever used 2" quick spins out of a crossbow.
I shoot carbon express bolts and fletched a couple with 2 " quickspins.
It was like shooting curveballs as both bolts went the opposite directions,one high left one high right,,,needless to say im 2 bolts short now.im shooting a exocet.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
262 Posts
my guess is to check some things out : tightness of all fasteners, debris in the barrel channel; inconsistent cocking; check the vanes to see if they are all the same exactly; was that with broadheads ? are the nocks constistent and straight ? was each arrow placed in the channel on the barrel the same way ? was the cock feather aligned correctly ? does the arrow diameter fit the channel so the string engages the rear of the nock at its center ? was the nock against the string ? there was something fairly simple amiss... more experienced guys than me will likely give some other experiences / ideas.
what kind of groups do you get with other fletching... what yardage did you shoot at ? sounds like the arrows fish tailed off of the string for some reason .. the listed things are all I can come up with to check for now.
good luck - it will all work out... once that works out you will be thrilled with the sport of shooting crossbows..
dk

· Registered
262 Posts
the fletching had to be hitting the rail instead of sliding down it .. are they taller than the channel is deep ? too curved to fit without friction ? I would look there first then the tightness of the fasteners all over the bow.. then I would check the string cocking technique by marking it while it is at rest with white or red and see if it is still aligned once cocked...
you will find the problem quick enough..
advise what you found so it wil help others..
dk

· Banned
24,198 Posts
I compared them with 2" blazers

for about a month. Q Spins make more noise in flight, hit just a little lower than blazers at extended ranges, they cost more and I gained no accuracy at all. Still shooting Blazers. IMHO, the best vane concept ever. I also found nothing better than Blazers for my compound vertical bows before I started shooting crossbows.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
I use the 1 1/2" Quick spins and 2" Blazers for 3D and they both shoot great for me. I can see the 2" blazers spinning in the scope. The crossbow is the best 3D bow that I ever shot. It out shoots my compound bow.

· Registered
284 Posts
Curious about it

for about a month. Q Spins make more noise in flight, hit just a little lower than blazers at extended ranges, they cost more and I gained no accuracy at all. Still shooting Blazers. IMHO, the best vane concept ever. I also found nothing better than Blazers for my compound vertical bows before I started shooting crossbows.
Moonkryket can you possibly tell more details about the setup?
were both set up helical (how much)?

I have some blazer and Quickspin on order to run this test...
at this point i feel like i throw away some $$

thanks
Mirko

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.