Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Aim Small-Miss Small
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a quiet drop away for hunting I have some other drop aways and they seem loud. Is the tko a good rest?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've had the tko for about a month and a half now, and I think it's great. Just as with any drop away, the only noise is from the prongs hitting the shelf. The tko has plastic coated prongs, which I believe helps with noise. Of course a little bit of moleskin never hurt anything:wink: I am totally satisfied with the tko, it's a great rest.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Cobra Diamondback

I went with the cobra diamonback rest. I really like this rest, it is very quiet, easy to adjust and tune, and it stops right before it hits the shelf. It has a built in arrow holder so you dont have to glue it to your shelf. I have shot it during the 3D season and it held up well and very consistant. No problems yet, therefore, it is also on my hunting bow for this fall. There are alot of rests out there, so good luck and good hunting.

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,716 Posts
so far for me the quietest dropaway has been my 3d rover prong rest converted to a dropaway

·
Registered
8,627 Posts
I think the QuikTunes are quite rest!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Quiet rest

I have TKO on my Hoyt now. It's a bit more quiet than the Trophy Takers in my opinion but not as quiet as the DropZone. I didn't like the routing of the draw string of the DZ rest on my Hoyt Tec riser, otherwise I would be using it. I haven't found a fall away rest that is as quiet as I would like. I ended up putting a piece of the Sims Labs rubber strip on the shelf where the prongs hit. It helps a lot but the noise is still there.

-DR

·
NC ASA Director
35,987 Posts
The GKF Mirage is quiet because the prongs don't hit, but you have to silence the lift arm.

I like the GKF Infinity with a Vapor Launcher. I put a bit of foam from the arrow holder under the launcher blace, which lays flat on the shelf and provides great clearance.

this combination is silent on my bow. :thumb:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sage Creek - I have an Infinit non-dropaway rest but have considered the conversion kit. Do you know if they end up the same (the converted and standard Infiniti rest)? -Andy

·
NC ASA Director
35,987 Posts
The spring is different, but you can wind the standard spring backwards with the preload knob.

That is the one I'm using. I converted mine with just the axle and the vapor launcher.

You could just wind your spring backward, but you will need the kit to get the lift arm or make you one.

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Thanks for the info. Are you finding any advantage to this over the standard Infiniti? Is there accuracy loss?

·
NC ASA Director
35,987 Posts
DrJAG2 said:
Thanks for the info. Are you finding any advantage to this over the standard Infiniti? Is there accuracy loss?
I have never shot it with the standard launchers. I get great results with a .010 Premo blade, but find with the Vapor launcher and drop away, it is easier to keep the arrow located. With the short brace height of the LX and my long draw length, I believe the drop away to be very forgiving if I punch the shot.

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
Most drop-aways are fairly quiet if you use enough padding on the arrow shelf.
My HTM drop-away is very quiet and has teflon sleeves on the launcher that silences the arrow being drawn across it.
It is pretty massive though and not as pretty as the Infiniti. ;)
Just as good looking and much better built than the ugly Trophy Taker. :)

Sag.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
GKF Mirage = whisper quiet on the draw and the shot. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
578 Posts
drop away

Anthony (escpen) has some great insight into some of the products on the test. Please read the procedures of the testing

·
Registered
2007 Bowtech Equalizer, 2009 Hoyt Alphamax 32
974 Posts
My Vital Bow Gear Kaz-Away is very quiet. It is the 2005 model.

Scott

1 - 20 of 21 Posts