Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a couple friends did some experimenting.We want to shoot the quietest vane we can find.We fletched arrows with different vanes-blazers,quickspin,duravane,feathers,plastifletch elite,fletch tite,limbsaver.All were 4" except blazers were 2".All right helical from the same jig.We find that the quietest of the group is the Bohning Fletch Tite.With all this talk of the blazers we had to try them,but in our opinion they are not much quieter than feathers.Our thinking is this "Why shoot a quiet bow just to have your arrows sound like a pintail duck wizzing by with a good North wind at his back".Has anyone else experimented with different vanes for quietness?I would love to know your results.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Interesting since the Bohning Fletch Tite is now their Killer Vanes and are made from the same material as the Blazer. The only difference is the Killers/Fletch Tites are longer and .5 high and the Blazers are 2 inches and .6 inches high... You are another that is not satisfied with the Blazer's. I am getting some to try out but also have the Killer Vanes in 4 inch I am also going to test with the Whisker Biscuit and see which of these and 4 inch feathers work the best for mt set up with a 3 degree offset...

LFM

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You brought something to light LFM.The fletch tites we used were not the killers.They were bought last yers or the year before.One buddy just ordered some killers.We were thinking they were the same as fletch tites.Will be interesting to sound check them.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
I just got that info from Bohning this last week. They also stated that all the vanes they currently make are of the same material as the Blazers. Not sure if they change the material in the last few years or not but I have some that are 8 years old and they are not as stiff as the Killers are today...

LFM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts