Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a brand of vanes that is noticably more quiet then other three brands I tried. We fletched each arrow with different brands and also some had more off set. We took turns getting to the side of the fight path and hearing the arrow as it headed towards the target. All of us agreed one brand was much quieter. What brand do you shoot?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I normally shoot 4" duravanes. As far as the noise of the arrow flight, I believe that the Sims vanes will be the quietest out there, however that comes at a price (cost and durability).

When all is said and done, people have been killing deer with feather fletched arrows for eons and feathers are a boatload louder than vanes. I shoot vanes based on durability. Unless they are torn or wrinkled, they all seem quiet enough for me.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shoot the 4" bohning. I have not tried the sims. Are they not durable? The bohning never really wrinkle and stay on until damaged. Even some of the one inch "bug wings", the smallest I've used, are louder. I agree the history of great hunting and shooting is much longer than this high tech equipment. I think the test is worth a try. The results for me were obvious. First they are most quiet and second more durable. The accuracy was consistant with my $#@[email protected] shooting! lol Be safe and quiet.

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Flex Fletch vanes are the quitest I have ever shot. They don't whistle like the others do. Plus they are tougher.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Here's another vote for the 4" Duravanes. Best I've ever used. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
I shoot Bohning 5 in RH vanes. I tried True filights but they were noisier and had poor memory. I would like to try duravanes but happy with the the bohnings So why switch?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts