Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the sharp object we bowhunters play with, I was wondering if anyone else was considering picking up some quikclot to put in your pack for this season? Seems like it would be simple to use and could be a real life saver out in the boonies. Anyone?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am on blood thinner because of some heart problems. Last year, during practice, I pulled a new broadhead out of a target, my hand slipped, and the broadhead cut to the bone on my left hand. I've never seen so much blood so fast. I wrapped the hand the best I could and drove 20 miles to town. It took over two days to get the damn thing to stop bleeding. Shortly, thereafter, I assembled a complete first aid kit to use in any other situations. I would suggest that all bowhunters have a good first aid kit with them at all times. It's not will it happen, but when. Be safe!

·
Banned
1,562 Posts
;) yeah i probly will cause last year when i was bow huntin i had my little serrated knife out cuttin a branch out of my way for a shooting lane, the knife slipped and cut my finger open pretty good and had to take my shirt off and wrap around it :rolleyes: ohhh well thats just my luck

·
Banned
942 Posts
I'm on Coumadin, (blood thinner-heart problem) and I carry the stuff everywhere I go. Stuck a pointed stick in my left palm a couple years ago and got in serious trouble with a relatively minor wound. Been carrying quickclot and super glue ever since.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the website for it, you can order from several places on the internet.

http://www.z-medica.com/

It is basically a powder you dump on wounds that are bleeding heavily that hardens and stops the blood flow.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I carry a small bottle of peroxide, super glue and a bandage or 2 just to play safe. Knock on wood I haven't had to use any of it yet, although I did almost put an eye out once with a broadhead :(

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Doesn't sound weird to me, I use tampons as scent dispensers and to make a scent trail. These things absorb and hold liquid scent like nothing else out there, hands down.

Little tip though, tell your wife your intentions so she doesn't catch you snagging a handful of Always and looks at you like you're some sort of fruit lol

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Whitefeather said:
Be careful using some tampons, as they are scented. Who thought up that one anyway? :confused: I don't wanna get that close during "that week" to smell the scented tampons anyway. :D

JP

lmao........ OH IS THAT CLASSIC LOL

But yeah, I make sure they are unscented as opposed to "Summers Mist"

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I see how it is....I dont check on my thread in a couple of hours and everything just goes to the dogs. Started off on a first aid product and now we are debating scented vs unscented tampons...... ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
That quikclot sounds a lot like cayanne pepper. Thats what I've used (the pepper) on minor wounds and it seems to stop it pretty quick provided it's not too deep. Cayanne perrer wouldn't stop the bleeding from barked knuckles though.

ragg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.