Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ever have your hip quiver get hung up on something and turn upside down and drop all your arrows on the ground. Aside from being a great entertaining moment for your shooting buddies it's a serious pain in the butt. :embara: Well I noticed that the top of the line win&win quiver had magnets in the bottom.

Well "BING" my idea meter pegged the scale. Why couldn't I do that?

Quick trip to EBay and I had some magnetic tape. For the record, magnetic tape sucks! So second trip to EBay and bingo I got some 3/4" x 1/16" rare earth magnets, these babies are real strong they actually shipped them with a plastic washer in between them so you could separate them. 12 dollars for 10 magnets.

Making the tubes these are sprinkler pipe but I usually use the golf club tubes. I simply taped the magnets to the outside of the tub. then slid them into the quiver.

These arrows are line Jammers they are at least 450 grains and these babies hold them in there great. You can actually shake it a bit and the arrows still don't fall out.

Enjoy your weekend!
:RockOn:

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
You can also get the same magnets at places like Hobby Lobby. Just FYI. Great idea though!

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,364 Posts
Helps quiet the "clanging" sound as your walking too, did that in the past on a Neet quiver I had. Works great.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Good thinking.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
634 Posts
I've been meaning to install some small ones in my quiver on my bow, behind the foam for quite some time now...just haven't got around to it yet.

The 'gripper' on the lower part of my quiver (cheap tru glo) is kind of worn and doesn't hold them as well as they used to. This way, they'll be secure AND I can pop out a standby arrow to be held in place by the rare earth magnet while it's stuck (magnetically) to the bow holder while I"m in the tree stand.

·
Registered
451 Posts
:ROFLMAO:::What would happen if you put those in the 12 ring?!?! Would it be like a heat seaking arrow!?!? Those are really cool might try them in my quiver.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump just for fun

·
Registered
928 Posts
That's slicker 'n snake snot. A strip of sticky backed felt around the inside at the top of the tubes keeps things quiet too. No more embarrassing moments on those hangin' by the ankle shots....

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I've been thinking about trying that ever since I saw that Win and Win with the magnets. Glad to see someone else did it and it works.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been thinking about trying that ever since I saw that Win and Win with the magnets. Glad to see someone else did it and it works.
Ya I probably got the idea from Win and Win, honestly don't remember, not all of my gadgets are original. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts