Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else's bow shoot differently with the quiver off compared to it bein on was shooting this evnin with mine on and my arrows were hitting left 2-3 "20-40 yds is this normal do i need to do some more tuning or live with it ????:confused:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Alpine Soft Loc Quiver

I have a 3 arrow alpine quiver that quitens the bow and improves shooting. Never seen any other quiver do that.
KO_32

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I use one mounted to my pack mine makes my bow heavier and when there is a good wind a quiver full of arrows is one more thing to catch and blow your aim off.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I think it is normal for a quiver to effect the way the bow shoots. If you are going to shoot the bow with the quiver attached, then sight in with the quiver attached. That should solve the problem. However, if you walk to the stand with the quiver attached, then remove it once you are in the stand, then I think you just have to know how to make an adjustment.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I have a 3 arrow soft loc on order at the moment.
When it gets here I'll practice with 2 arrows in it,if I can tune for it and it doesn't unbalance the bow like every other quiver I've tried,That's how I'll leave it set up.
If I can't get it working for me I'll just be prepared to remove it when I need to shoot.
Never been happy with bow quivers but their just so practical, I really want to make it work.

·
Electified Archer
3,275 Posts
I never practice with a quiver attatched to my bow and it always comes off my bow just as soon as I am belted in my stand. there is always a branch or somethint to hang the quiver on.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I really haven't tested it to see if mine shoots differently with the quiver on vs. off. I put it on only to transport my arrows to the stand....as soon as I get get situated in a tree, the quiver comes off. I just don't like it being there...the bow is easier to hold without the quiver on and it's quieter.

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
I have always shot with my quiver on my hunting bow. It's a two piece fuse on my Hoyt and while shooting it holds 2 additional arrows. I have never seen it ruin any of my shots but I practice with it that way also. I like the added weight but that is my preference.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
quiver on or off changes point of impact depending on how you tuned your bow also a quiver full of feathers will give unwanted noise everytime something inyour stand brushes against them (preparing for a shot or sneaking through the brush)

·
Registered
949 Posts
I've never had a quiver on my bow and that's one of the reasons why. Also, I just can't stand the thought of all that extra "stuff" hanging off the bow and possibly getting in the way when trying to manuever for a shot, especially out of a treestand. I have used a hip quiver for 20yrs. I use a separate belt on the quiver with a quick-release buckle so I can take it off and hang it either around the tree or over an overhead branch. The arrows are always handy in case a 2nd shot is needed.

... Crayfish

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,215 Posts
I shoot with my Fuse quiver on. Makes it much easier if you need to grab a second arrow, your not fumbling around trying to get to another if the quiver is not on the bow and if you only have one hand while the other is on the bow it might make it hard to pull out an arrow on a quiver not securely attached to the tree. I shoot the same with it on or off. Practice with it on.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,525 Posts
In over 2 decades of bow hunting I've never shot/hunted with the quiver mounted on the bow.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts