Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone notice a difference in accuracy with quiver on the bow? I noticed my Halon shoots a little off with the quiver on and I have tried shooting on and off several times and got differ results (not hitting same spot). On the other side, some people claim it doesn't make any difference. What's your experience?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I run a back bar on my hunting rig, and have found that I have to add a ton of weight to stable the bow out with a quiver on. Any time you mess with things like that in my expiernce I always have a different impact point. Also I always have a slight affect in paper tuning. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Same as above I use Tight Spot quivers as well, and practice with them on and full of arrows, too, as that is how I hunt.

·
Registered
51,165 Posts
If you hunt with your quiver on the bow then practice with it on the bow. If you take it off hunting then practice without it. Depends on your style of hunting. I am mainly a stand hunter so I don't hunt with mine on the bow.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
My bows always seem to shoot with a slight left impact when my Tightspot is mounted. I am a stand hunter and usually take it off when on stand but like to practice both ways in case of a shot opportunity while walking in/out of the woods.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
The Impartial Archer
18,805 Posts
Treestand off.....stalking on.....then practice the way you have it for that hunting style.

·
Registered
79 Posts
wit a compound bow i have always took the quiver off as soon as i got in the tree stand, with traditional equipment i have the quiver mounted to the bow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts