Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a 2017 Mathews Halon 32 6 and I am currently using an Alpine Bear Claw 3 Arrow quiver. When I bought the bow, I bought the cheapest thing that will hold arrows since the Halon 32 was so spendy. I treestand hunt here in MN and shoot with the quiver off. My current quiver seems to be coming loose after two seasons and I always have to retighten the screws on it, especially on the locking/unlocking component. My buddy has a Hoyt bow and just got a Tight Spot quiver and really likes it. So I have been looking for a new quiver since mine is coming loose and the camo doesn't match my bow (stupid I know, but it looks silly).

Anyone run Tight Spot quivers on Mathews bows? I have an HHA Optimizer Lite so I think I need something like the Tight Spot moveable sight bracket or the Treelimb bracket for almost any quiver I buy except the Mathews quivers that mount to the riser. Is the Tight Spot really that amazing? I have heard the Mathews quivers are really nice too and are basically the same price so I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are or what other people are running.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a Halon 6 and hunt in MN as well. I have the 4 arrow HD quiver and have no issues with the sight. I take my quiver off when I’m in the stand and when I shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I have the Mathews Arrow Web HD-4 on my Halon 32-7. I also have the HHA Optimizer Lite slider sight on that bow which requires the tall Mathews standoff bracket but I really like the quiet easy-on/easy-off of the Mathews spider claw mounting bracket since I remove the quiver once I am up in the tree where I hunt in western MN. I've not tried a Tight Spot quiver, but I would be concerned that the HHA slider and locking knob might be in the way of a full quiver in the same way they interfere with the Arrow Web quiver with the short standoff bracket.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't realize Mathews had a bracket too. Is it literally called "tall standoff bracket"?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do older Matthews quivers have the same mount style as the new ones? Meaning are old quivers good for new bows and new quivers good for old bows?

·
Registered
Mathews HalonX 70 Lbs 28.5 draw 670 grain gold tip single bevel Tuffheads
563 Posts
The tightspot quiver is adjustable to any size arrow (fat or small shaft) mathews quivers are not the tightspot is easier to take on and off

·
Registered
758 Posts
Tight spot w/ their bracket works great on my z7 ex running a HHA Opti lite ultra.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts