Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a HHA on my hunting bow and I can't use my Octane because the windage bracket sticks out to far. What do you guys use on yours? Any suggetions would be appreciated. And I want a good solid quiver, not some cheap piece of crap.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I really like the Fuse 2 piece Caldera or Satori. They are really solid.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm really looking for 1 piece detachable.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I have a Mathews 1 piece quiver that I don't have an issue with my HHA because I'm having to use the spacer's because of the Muzzy rest. I did get my son a Timberghost quiver, now that is a slick quiver, might want to check them out:)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'll check them out. Keep em coming guys.

·
ebayuserid:hunting_par
1,473 Posts
+1 for the soft locs...

Alpine Soft Locs on all of our bows with HHA slider sights. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Octane Bantamweight on mine. Attaches to the riser and can be adjusted to fit around the slider. Great quiver.

·
Team 4 Play
17,305 Posts
+1 for the Alpine Soft Lok

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Alpine Soft Locs on all of our bows with HHA slider sights. Works like a charm.
This is also the best combination I have found

·
Registered
204 Posts
Pig Pen you can make your octane quiver work by putting the quiver mount on oppisite of where you have it now and swap the mounting knob and bowtie bayonet mount end for end on the quiver. This will make the quiver rotate backwards towards you and not be in the way of the windage knob on the HHA sight. Hope this helps as the quiver is awesome espscially for mechinincal heads (RAGE) etc. Let me know if you need more explanation.

>>>----------->Bowfinger

·
Registered
620 Posts
Boring !another +1 for the Alpine Soft Lok

My bow is set up with spacers that lift the alpine soft loc off the HHA sight.
No problems at at all

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pig Pen you can make your octane quiver work by putting the quiver mount on oppisite of where you have it now and swap the mounting knob and bowtie bayonet mount end for end on the quiver. This will make the quiver rotate backwards towards you and not be in the way of the windage knob on the HHA sight. Hope this helps as the quiver is awesome espscially for mechinincal heads (RAGE) etc. Let me know if you need more explanation.

>>>----------->Bowfinger
I didn't even think about that. I had about 5 spare minutes the other day and just tried to throw it on there and I haven't messed with it since. Thanks, I'll try that later. I didn't really want to part with my Octane.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Pig Pen if you still have interference you may still need a spacer block under the mounting bracket between the sight. It all depends on the rest of your accessories. Between my above post and the spacers if needed will let you keep your Octane quiver in service.

>>>-------------->Bowfinger

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for heads up. I'll have to get some shorter screws before I can try it. I forgot to mention I have the new HHA with the dial adjustment.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Pig Pen you may need the spacers to get the fit you need to clear all of your accessories depending on your set up

>>>---------->Bowfinger:darkbeer:

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I use a hip quiver with my HHA Ultra. :darkbeer:

It meets your criteria too. It is one piece and detachable.:shade::mg::wink:

Kev
<><

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pig Pen you may need the spacers to get the fit you need to clear all of your accessories depending on your set up

>>>---------->Bowfinger:darkbeer:
The sight came with a couple spacers and I have them on there. I think if I turn everything around like you said, then I can make it work. Just have to find some shorter screws. The ones from my Octane are too long and I cant get the full range of motion on my slider.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally found some shorter screws. Worked like a charm. Thanks Bowfinger.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts