Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a quiver but not sure what style I want. Like the idea of keeping it off the bow but don't have enough experience to know if a back or hip quiver will get in the way spot and stalk hunting. Leaning toward getting a 1 piece (Tight Spot seems to be popular) and trying to find a way to mount it to a belt or backpack.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Best advice I can give you on this topic is to just use the quiver mounted to the bow for the hunting you describe. Having something hanging physically from your side is just going to get hung-up. Most bow-mounted quivers I am aware of have a quick-release feature and you can take them off and store on your backpack, if needed. However, I keep mine on the bow. I practice all off-season long with it mounted to the bow and full of arrows. Making sure it won't interfere with my shooting.

During the 3D Shoots we attend, I do use a hip quiver. That's just because I take extra stuff with me that wouldn't ordinarily be with me when I hunt. I do still have the quiver mounted to the bow and full or arrows though.

My 2 cents. Best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts