Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what people like using for their hunting quivers and what they like for a target quiver. Please include a picture of your equipment if able.

·
Registered
12,057 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I too use the Cedar Ridge “Powderhorn” for most hunting applications. However mine is the 4-place model and if I had it to do over again I would choose the 6-place as pictured above. My reasoning is due to the fact that I like to carry a blunt or two in the woods along with the requisite broadheads.

For target shooting I too use Art Vincent’s Custom Cruiser also nicely shown above. Both great products.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Nothing on the bow. A hip quiver works okay for me. Stalking or stand hunting.
Practice or 3D I use a pocket quiver some and an old nylon hip quiver some.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
I use two different quivers depending on what other equipment I'm carrying. I use a plains type quiver or a back quiver.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I actually use an old bear spring arm quiver mostly cause it matches my bear bow I have a couple bears and am currently putting together the quivers to match each by year and model people say that are heavy and clunky but if you mount them right they’re great heavy as compared to others yes but I’ve noticed I shoot canted and a heavier draw weight and it works to my advantage

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Arrowmaster

I went to see Rod one day on my lunchbreak to check out a Safari Tuff Duiker quiver. He let me try on the different models and showed me how to use them. I left with the full size Arrowmaster and have been thrilled with it ever since.

It's my hunting quiver, my target quiver, and everything in between. Holds all my shooting gear in the pouch, a whole bunch of arrows, and keeps them protected with the hood on. Wears out of the way and easy to get an arrow out of, and more importantly, back in.

I used bow quivers for years but always hated having trouble holding different length and arrows with different points on them. I hunt a lot of small game and usually have everything from broadheads to blunts to judos. With a side quiver, and i can just stuff em all in and keep the broadheads sharp and safe by sticking them in the foam.

Did I mention i can stick my longbow down in it too? And still ride my scooter to the archery range with it on? :wink: I get to most of my hunting spots by mountain bike, so being able to do this is absolutely perfect for me.

Try a side quiver if you get the chance. I love em.
IMG_20180513_115855851.jpg

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Over the past couple of years I have accumulated several quivers.
A couple of the ones that mount in the AM sight screw holes, a Great Northers and a Delta that mount via the Bear type inserts in the side of the riser, and even a Delta with shoulder strap similar to Easykeeper's.

I never found that it was an issue to shoot with any of them. However, once in the treestand I remove them simply because of rubbing the fletching against the tree and making noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts