Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a hunting quiver. But I don't want it to be on my bow. I want it to be on my back. But I need it to work like a quiver on a bow by holding/locking the arrows in place so it doesn't make a lot of noise. But I don't want to have to use a back pack to attach it to. I want a quiver with a built on strap. Anyone know of any brands that makes these?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
cat quiver

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
get one of those packs that have the quiver on it

·
Bowhunter
6,440 Posts
Thanks this is something like I was looking for.
Any Cat Quiver I have used ever have not held the arrows as tight as a gripper style quiver.

Just as I said in my previous post this is straight from the product description:

"Arrows are held with pressure".

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have one of these http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2107882&highlight=MAQ+quiver
I use the strap to secure it around my waist and it holds the arrows very securely. No movemant at all. I position it on my back, heads down and fletchings pointing up. Works great. But I'm looking for a bow quiver for the balance so I'm selling this one. PM me if you are interested (I haven't put it up for sale yet) but would be willing to let it go cheap even though it's practically brand new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rancho Safari Cat Quivers are well made and quality product. I purchased a Cat Quiver 3.5 directly from Jerry at <ranchosafari.com> and you cannot beat the one on one personal customer service. The CQ3.5 is a rucksack style back quiver that I thought would work well for hunting in the heavy secondary growth you find in New Hampshire. Well after using it for three seasons I found that it is better to use the CQ's lumbar or waist style fanny packs with a full harness. The other problem I found is the webbing is not long enough to fit properly over the bulky clothing that needs to be worn in cold and rainy New England weather in the months of November and December. I will be replacing the CQ3.5 with the large fanny CQ's this fall 2014.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've had a really hard time trying to find a quiver I like. I use a hha slider and not many bow attach quivers are compatible... cat quivers look like a good option

1 - 12 of 12 Posts