Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mayb next quiznos will hire a CEO thats not pen raised, or spoon fed or handed life on a silver platter? ya right.....I like how peta supports the killing of animals as long as they are free range yet they CRY about hunting free ranged animals...??? isnt that what you call an oxy-moron:)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Imagine what it would be like if the NRA would do the kind of corporate lobbying PETA does.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
No meat and no eggs.

I think Quiz-nos should stop selling meat and eggs,and therefor should stop buying them as well.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The irony is that wild game has a better life before we eat it, (and usually dies more "humanely"), than any meat Quizno's decides to buy...

... but I still love me some prime rib peppercorn! They'd have to go 100% veg for PETA to truly approve and support the company. And then they'd go out of business.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think it is Hi larious. One percent? 5% by 2010? What a shine on job. I can hear it now-"if you endorse us, we promise to be nice to the ones with fur...." Notice they don't claim they will be nice to that roast beef over there.

I'll go back when they start offering "free-range backstrap sandwiches":darkbeer:

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
guys come on! use some thought. It is true that animals are under very bad conditions in pins and all of that. I think that animals should be put in better conditions. True P.E.T.A is an extremist organization but this kind of simple action I'm for. I think that quiznos should be applauded for THIS action.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Peta

PETA doesn't think the turkeys are conscious when they are suffocating? I think snapping their necks is a quicker more humane way than slowly gasping for air. I still laugh at Archie Bunker on gun control. "Would you feel better if they just stabbed them?"

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
guys come on! use some thought. It is true that animals are under very bad conditions in pins and all of that. I think that animals should be put in better conditions. True P.E.T.A is an extremist organization but this kind of simple action I'm for. I think that quiznos should be applauded for THIS action.
Brother you're missing the boat on this one. Hell, I didn't even read the article. Once I saw they had a relationship of any manner with an "extremist organization" (you're words, not mine), I didn't even read any further - it's all I needed to know....

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
Brother you're missing the boat on this one. Hell, I didn't even read the article. Once I saw they had a relationship of any manner with an "extremist organization" (you're words, not mine), I didn't even read any further - it's all I needed to know....
your generalizing. Because most of what peta does is whacko doesn't automatically dictate that ALL of what they do is wrong. I look at it on a case by case basis.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
your generalizing. Because most of what peta does is whacko doesn't automatically dictate that ALL of what they do is wrong. I look at it on a case by case basis.
Sounds like they have you right where they want you. You should head on over to their forums and join up.

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
Sounds like they have you right where they want you. You should head on over to their forums and join up.
so they want me to be against them 90% of the time? I am by no means a peta supporter I just think we should treat farm animals more humanly. how is that wrong?

·
Registered
2019 Bear Species
299 Posts
so they want me to be against them 90% of the time? I am by no means a peta supporter I just think we should treat farm animals more humanly. how is that wrong?
That part isnt wrong but in my opinion any support of PETA or any buisness that supports PETA is just as bad as supporting them completely. Look at it this way. They gotta start somewhere and once they get everyone convinced of one thing they will keep moving on. All they are doing is opening a can of worms and once its tipped over then we have a big mess if you know what im saying. Plus if you still plan on eating at quiznos you could be potentially giving money to PETA(i have no factual proof of this im just saying it could be possible) even though they didnt say anything about giving some of thier proffits to PETA in the article it wouldnt surprise me if they did do so. Usually companies that help out or support PETA sometimes give small donations to them as well because they believe it makes them look good, they are supporting a cause they believe in, and they can also write it off for tax purposes.

·
Registered
468 Posts
That part isnt wrong but in my opinion any support of PETA or any buisness that supports PETA is just as bad as supporting them completely. Look at it this way. They gotta start somewhere and once they get everyone convinced of one thing they will keep moving on. All they are doing is opening a can of worms and once its tipped over then we have a big mess if you know what im saying. Plus if you still plan on eating at quiznos you could be potentially giving money to PETA(i have no factual proof of this im just saying it could be possible) even though they didnt say anything about giving some of thier proffits to PETA in the article it wouldnt surprise me if they did do so. Usually companies that help out or support PETA sometimes give small donations to them as well because they believe it makes them look good, they are supporting a cause they believe in, and they can also write it off for tax purposes.
Definately agree. Another thing they can use against us. Now we have sportsmen supporting the cause and it will go down the line.:mg:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Damn i loved Quiznos I guess no more.

·
Registered
12,884 Posts

Where did you get your information or why do you believe that farm animals aren't treated humanly? From a PETA-phile source?

:dontknow:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts