Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question about rabbit huntin with a recurve. i am wondering how easy it is and can any of u fellers give me any advice ive never done it but me and a friend of mine got it in our heads that we would hunt come first snow and i was just wonderin

· Registered
22,138 Posts
091 -

I'd be a little concerned if wabbits started hunting with recurves, Just doesn't seem right right somehow ... :D

One on more serious note: do you know how to shoot a recurve?

Viper1 out.

· Registered
11,287 Posts
i am wondering how easy it is and can any of u fellers give me any advice ive never done it but me and a friend of mine got it in our heads that we would hunt come first snow and i was just wonderin
I absolutely LOOOOOVE rabbit hunting with my bow.

As far as it being easy or hard depends on how skittish the rabbits are.

If you're stalking skills are good...you can get pretty close.

I try for head shots only with Saunders rubber blunts. Here in the Rockies you pretty much need to use rubber blunts to help protect your arrows.

The running shots can be fun for sure.

Ray :shade:

· Registered
11,287 Posts
You should also try Flu flu feathers
Why?

If I had to guess...is it to make them easier to find?

For me personally...I really don't have that problem here...but where I grew up in Illinois...I used grasshoppers to keep my arrows from burring in the grass.

I loooove flu flus for squirrels and birds. Just wondering why you like 'em for rabbits.

Ray :shade:

· Registered
456 Posts
Flu-Flu's on rabbits is just one more thing to give that bunny the advantage. They are too noisy for rabbits in my opinion. The arrows don't go far when shooting towards the ground. Squirrels and birds they are the only way to go, but not the best for rabbits.

· Registered
6,857 Posts
never shot rabbits with a bow but it sounds like fun

· Registered
378 Posts
This year is my first year for small game and birds and i enjoy it more than big game hunting. Lots less hunting pressure around these parts for small game. I use blunts and aluminums so far will prob pass on the flu flus for now other than birds.

· Registered
1,077 Posts
Ive never tried flu flus but out here in mexico my shaft get really bent from all those rocks laying around so I think Ill personally try them to have something to shoot birds and slower arrows when shootin those little bunnies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.