Votes: 38 76.0%
  • mangus bullhead

Votes: 12 24.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have two 2 blade rages left, that i was going to use for turkey. but i don't want the turkey to fly away when i shoot it, so i was thining about trying the magnus bull heads. i know that your supposed to hit them in the wing with the bullhead, but what will happen if you hit'em in the thigh or lower breasts?

·
Guipago
3,090 Posts
hmm

I thought I saw in a video that you can take body shots with the 100grain bullhead.

·
BOW ONLY!
2,591 Posts
The 100grain can be shot anywhere. You still have to hit a turkey in the right spot to kill it though. Try not to rush your shot. I have been guilty of this in the past and missed many birds. The owner of Magnus said that they even got some pass throughs with the 100gr on some of the 12 birds he took during the testing phase.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ive shot two turkeys with the rage 2 blades,both right near 20 yards,one alittle low of the base of the fan facing away,the other center mass broadside right above the drums,the fan shot bird barely twitched the other flopped like afish out of water.no problems with fly aways.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
if you already have the rage's I would stick with those

·
Registered
234 Posts
Did you get pass thru's with the two birds you harvested? I am thinking about using the Rage 2 blade for turkeys. Tonight I put an adder point behind the 2 Blade Rage. Looks like a good combination for turkeys. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was think the same, but i think the blade would hit the adder point when the open. i'm adding a washer behind my tricks, but not the rage
Did you get pass thru's with the two birds you harvested? I am thinking about using the Rage 2 blade for turkeys. Tonight I put an adder point behind the 2 Blade Rage. Looks like a good combination for turkeys. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I put the adder point on and opened the Rage. It appears to open just fine. It sure looks nasty. Assuming the blades open fine do you think I would still have plenty of penetration with the adder and 2 inches of cutting. I am shooting around 275 fps at 100 grains. With the adder I will lose a few feet due to adding 25 grains. So what do you think?

·
ROAD CREW
3,092 Posts
I put the adder point on and opened the Rage. It appears to open just fine. It sure looks nasty. Assuming the blades open fine do you think I would still have plenty of penetration with the adder and 2 inches of cutting. I am shooting around 275 fps at 100 grains. With the adder I will lose a few feet due to adding 25 grains. So what do you think?
You'll be fine. I'm doing the same thing w/ maybe just a little more speed.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that sounds deadly! by the way you don't want alot of penetration.

·
Born To Hunt
6,125 Posts
Pass Through?

I have talked to a veteran turkey hunter that has shot MANY turkeys with a bow,he told me he only gets a pass through about 1 out of ten shots, the 2 I have killed neither was a pass through, the feathers stop an arrow alot faster than deer hide, the two I shot, one was a G5 Montec the other Rocket 3 blade Steelhead, I wouldnt reccomend anything on an arrow to stop it .

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts! I have heard so many comments about tyring to keep the arrow in the bird. Maybe I am over thinking this. Planning on using the 2 Blade Rage this year. The adder point scares me a little. I am leaning towards just shooting the Rage and after I see what it does then I will make the call on the adder point.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
You won't need the adder point...a Rage will tear up a turkey whether it passes through or not.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
i am always looking for an excuse to buy new stuff so i would buy the bullheads, although the rage will do the job

1 - 20 of 20 Posts