Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
35,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was anxious to try this broadhead. I am not a big expanable fan mainly because I like 2 holes and I like finding my arrow. The snypers always had me thinking of trying those and then rage came out with the new 2" version. There was something about the 2" advertised hole that got me going. I finally broke down and puchased a 3 pack (quite a bit $$ for three heads) and went out to get some doe meat; not that I would have minded bullwinkle coming through!

Well, I had an adult doe come through at about 15 yards slighly 1/4 away, perfect scenario. She managed to go about 20 yards before expiring in a mere 5 seconds. I could not believe the size of the entrance and exit holes. The arrow passed through destroying three ribs and nearly every vital except the heart and still stuck into the ground about few inches past the rage head. The amount of blood and vitals that came out of the deer was just short of amazing.

Just me experience, take it or not, but I though I would share it. The rage 2-blade has my vote and confidence!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Have you noticed the heads opening before impact? There seems to be a few guys on here that are experiencing that problem? I just purchased the 3 blade and shot the practice head with great results, but I have yet to shoot the actual hunting head. I think I will now.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Just curious, what type of bow/arrow setup are you shooting? Weight, draw length, type of bow/ arrow shaft?

Thanks

Matt

·
Vendor
35,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shot the practice heads and they flew great. I did not shoot the hunting head for practice at all. This is the only time I shot it and it obviously did not open in flight. One thing I did notice thought is that they deploy easily when putting them into a quiver. I had to resnap the blades after I took the arrow out of the quiver.

My set-up is;

Hoyt Protec with 28" Spirals @63 lbs.
CX Maxima 250 with blazer wraps and vanes
100 grain rage 2-blade head

·
Registered
775 Posts
any pics???

·
Registered
579 Posts
I saw a doe that was taken with pretty much the same results. Huge hole, but no exit because of the steep downward angle and low poundage. Guy said his deer went six feet. Hole was even larger than those I have seen from Snypers.

·
Vendor
35,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brandon78 said:
any pics???

No, I forgot my camera. Were choppin' her up tonight, so I'll take some and post them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts