Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had trouble replacing the blades on their Rage 2-blade broadheads? I tried replacing mine tonight and on all three, the screw about which the blades pivot stripped before I got it all the way out. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to solve this problem? I used the suggested size allen wrench. I feel like Rage should replace the heads because I feel I didn't do anything out of what was necessary to complete the replacement. This shouldn't happen on such an expensive broadhead.

· audentes fortuna iuvat
21,482 Posts
I love the Rage 2 blades and I agree the allen screw does strip out pretty easy on the ones I've played with after shooting deer. Make sure all the debris, blood/guts/dirt are free from the allen hole before trying to remove them. I think that's why the new ones have the rolled pin instead of the threaded allen screw. I'd give Rage a call and see what they will do for ya.

715-395-0020

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan on calling Rage today about the problem. I may try drilling them out. The only thing is that the replacement package has the allen screws as well. Thanks for the replies.

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
follow up

I just wanted to follow up on this and say that the Rage customer service is awesome. After calling them and telling them about the problem I had with their product, they just asked me to mail them the defective broadheads and currently have new ones on the way.

· Registered
872 Posts
Same problem

Same thing happened to me. Went and bought new.
To expensive to do that all the time.

· Registered
410 Posts
well that has been the problem with them so rage has recentlly changed the 2 blade version with a roll pin instead of the set screw because ftheis but theres n ever bigger problem. the roll pins are coming out after the shot. i talked to the guys at rage about this cause i had a roll pin fall out when i was washing the head off after killing a deer. and they said that they replaced the screws with roll pins cause of complaints in the screw stripping but now they are going with a stronger roll pin cause they have had complaints on the roll pin as well. im sure they will get the issue fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.