Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
addicted to hunting!
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I've got one rage 2 blade that has bent blades (missed shot, hit a rock). They make replacement blades for these. Has anyone done the blade replacement? Is it complicated or easy? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
its easy but depends what kind of pin you have. i have replaced them and always take the new ones apart to sharpen them. what i did was to take a piece of wood and lay a drill bit on it a little smaller diameter than the rage. give it a few hits with a hammer. you will have an indentation in the wood to lay the rage head in. now drill a 1/4'' hole in the middle of the indentation. this is where you will put the pin hole at. lay the head on the wood, align the hole, now take the proper size punch and hit the pin with a large hammer. small taps won't do it.

·
Banned
4,049 Posts
its easy but depends what kind of pin you have. i have replaced them and always take the new ones apart to sharpen them. what i did was to take a piece of wood and lay a drill bit on it a little smaller diameter than the rage. give it a few hits with a hammer. you will have an indentation in the wood to lay the rage head in. now drill a 1/4'' hole in the middle of the indentation. this is where you will put the pin hole at. lay the head on the wood, align the hole, now take the proper size punch and hit the pin with a large hammer. small taps won't do it.
cool tip my friend. i will be trying this to ghange my blades

1 - 3 of 3 Posts