Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the practice head the same as the 2 blade or is the practice head designed like the 3 blade. With the 2 blade my arrow veers about 1" past 25 yards. I was wondering if the 3 blade may fly better out of my set-up? Any input is appreciated.
Solohunter

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
2 IS MADE LIKE THE 2
3 IS MADE LIKE THE 3
ARROW VEERING AFTER 25 YRDS.?????????? need more detail here your arrow doesn't just veer off course for no reason .
there's many reasons an arrow will fly erratic but,i don't know of any except two that will change an arrows flight once lanched . 1 is wind 2 is hitting something.
i've shot many 3 blade rage they fly exactly like your f/p's
your eyes maybe deceiving you, tweek it just a tad and post back.
if you mean your hitting 1" to one side of the bull at 25 yrds. your there already.

· Registered
Mathews V3X, Ravin 29x
2,237 Posts
Practice

Is the practice head the same as the 2 blade or is the practice head designed like the 3 blade. With the 2 blade my arrow veers about 1" past 25 yards. I was wondering if the 3 blade may fly better out of my set-up? Any input is appreciated.
Solohunter
Like the others said....there are practice heads for each type of Rage. As for veering, I would check your setup. I have never had an arrow fly different with my practice heads versus field tips. You may have an arrow end that is not quite square or your bow is way out of tune causing a tail wagging effect which would affect anything other than a field tip as the arrow slides a little sideways through the air.

Have you tuned your bow (paper, walkback, etc??)

· Registered
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the responses.0-25yds it is right on. Basically after 25 yards the Rage hits 1" left than the FP, I tried different arrows, spun the BH around to match fletching etc. and it still hit 1" or so left. My hunting partner was there and he shoots a Tribute with the same arrows as me and the 2 blade Rage, he said I am nuts. Too particular. My Piston Points and old Sidewinders match right with my FP, but I could see a difference with the 2 blade, might try the 3 blade. Set-up 60# Guardian, Trophy Taker FCx-treme rest, GT XT 5575 arrows. Set-up and tuned by a good shop. Shoots great. Thanks again for the input.
Solohunter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.