Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if anyone shot the Rage 40 K.E. heads this past year. I am curious about anyone shooting light weights such as 40-45 lbs. How did these head perform?

·
Registered
363 Posts
My wife shoots them using 48# draw weight. Last year she shot a buck, did not get a pass thru but the arrow poked out both sides of the deer. It left a heavy blood trail and died in about 80 yards. She hit it a little far back.

·
Registered
865 Posts
my fiance shoots them at 43 lbs. 26" draw. she shot a doe this past season and got great penetration. only about 5 inches of her arrow didnt come out the other side. it was a close shot but she busted 2 ribs in half, 1 going in and the other coming out. it left a nice wound channel and the deer died quickly. head still looks new but the blades needed a little sharpening.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
arrow weight

What grain arrow is she shooting at 43 pounds
My wife is shooting a passion at 43 pounds and 25 inch draw...not decided on arrow weight yet

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
One of our customers shoots them. He has a 26" draw and shoots 50#. Shot a 146" 8-ptr last year. Complete pass through. Said deer only went 60 yards and fell over dead.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys

thanks for the imput keep it coming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts