Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever shot a rage thru mesh and if so how did it react ...... i got busted yesterday because of the black holes i think ..... doe noticed the blind right away and was very nervous .... i dont think there was anyway she could see me but i think the holes made her nervous and she busted

· Registered
1,539 Posts
do not reccomend this at all!!!!!

· Registered
842 Posts
Test it out before you try it. Im not a die hard fixed blade or nothing guy and used to shoot mechanicals exclusively until I started hunting out of the blind and converted to fixed heads because of the mesh. Mech with out the "L" will work such as the Rocket steel heads and I had success with the Slammerhead although not impressed by it. I have not tried it but my co-worker told me he is able to shoot through the mesh using Grim Reapers by placing rubber bands over the blades I am wary of this though and want to see how it pans out for him-

· Registered
175 Posts
rage 2 blade and mesh

shot a doe last season (first bow deer) with the 2 blade thru the mesh. Believe that the mesh affected the trajectory of the shot, as POI did not equal POA. Doe was so close that the kill was clean and down in 25 yds or so. Unlikely to try again. If the blind can be left in place for a period of time perhaps the deer will lose their anxiety over the black holes. Otherwise, make sure your backdrop is blacked out & that you are blacked out w/dark clothing, gloves, facemask. Perhaps you can reduce the size of the black hole by keeping some of the mesh in place and shooting over or next to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.