Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear the Rage is one heck of a great broadhead, but have any of you guys shot through the screen of a groundblind with it? Just wondering how it does in that application.

·
Live Free or Die!
8,575 Posts
I shoot em, but wouldn't bring myself to using them in a shoot through appplication. That being said, I'm not sure I would shoot any mechanicals through a shoot through screen. I might be wrong, but I would think nearly every mechanical would open on impact with the screen?

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I wouldn't do it!

I have two DB Darkhorse blinds and when the manufacturer, Primos, tells you not to shoot mechanicals through the screen, my advice would be don't do it. I'm not real sure I'd want to risk shooting a fixed blade through those screens at a really nice buck!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I shoot em, but wouldn't bring myself to using them in a shoot through appplication. That being said, I'm not sure I would shoot any mechanicals through a shoot through screen. I might be wrong, but I would think nearly every mechanical would open on impact with the screen?
I wouldn't trust any mechs with shoot through netting. Some MAY work, but I wouldn't take that chance (and I shoot mechs almost exclusively when I'm not in a blind). My "blind" bhs are slick tricks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have used rockets and there is no prob with them at all. perfect flight even when the Rocket steelhead is shot without the rubber band even. just wanted to use the Rage because of thier bloodtrails.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I would imagine they will open when they go through the screen. If you shoot them open and they fly fine then you should be ok.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I wouldnt shoot through the screens with the rage, thats asking for trouble. I mean Im sure you noticed it doesnt take alot of effort to make those blades come out of the o-ring holder.

·
snıuǝƃ ɹǝʇsɐ&#6
1,983 Posts
Don't do it. Been there done that. And you could see by the hole in the screen it partially opened on its way thru.

Its just common sense really. Anything like a Rage doesn't take well to hitting anything on its way to its intended target.

·
Hunt Now-Not Later
3,303 Posts
nope, wouldn't do it, will most likely open on contact as designed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think you would be OK shooting the Rage heads through the screen. Heck half of the time they don't open on a deer. :jksign:

·
The dude abides
1,066 Posts
I wouldn't do it with my mechs but we did try it with my dads rage this summer and it worked just fine. It would just be another thing to think about when you're trying to concentrate on your target.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have shot through the mesh on a Double Bull B.S. 5 with Rage 2blade 100 grain B.H. 3 times now with absolutely perfect results. I have no aprehension shooting them through mesh.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
I wouldnt be worried about them opening because of the shoot through netting, Id be more worried about them opening before that and causing the arrow to go veering off hitting the side of the blind:wink::zip:

but in all seriousness, i wouldnt shoot any mechanicals through the netting. too much chance of them opening and throwing the arrow off for me. Plus most blind manufacturers state somewhere in the manual or on the blind not to shoot em through the netting.

:darkbeer:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts