Archery Talk Forum banner

Rage Broadhead

565 Views 19 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  whybuck
I have alway shot ThunderHeads or Muzzy but next year I may try the Rage 3 blades.
For the people that has used them what do you think about the Rage?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Guipago
3,109 Posts
I like them, never had entrance holes like this before. I had to slightly straighten one blade,then sharpen all 3 and I was good to go. Use the search function and you will find tons of info on them.

· Registered
13,543 Posts
I used the 2 blade last year and took a couple nice deer with them. They are great, except for one problem: The blades kept opening whenever I would brush against the slightest object--some grass, or a twig. I was hunting on the ground with them and was so frustrated by how easily they opened. They did not open in my quiver, but just when my arrow was nocked and they brushed on something. I was worried they would open and I would not notice it as I began to draw on an animal, until it was too late.

I went back to Slick Tricks after that.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
I use the 2in 2 blade Rage BH's and love them! The holes are huge!!!

· Registered
1,612 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
I used them last year and had the 3 blade head fail two of the blades did not deploy in a heart shot @ 42 yards but it still made the kill I like the 2 blade better I had a bad hit gut shot and the two blade still made the kill big hole

· Registered
13,543 Posts
If they are opening that easy do they open in flight or have you not had this problem?
I have never had one open in flight...just when something brushes against them. Hovever, because of that I would not want to shoot one through some leaves or grass at an animal...

I know tons of folks like them. I forked over a small fortune to buy a pack and test them, and that was my result. Great holes, great flight...too easily opened if you are still hunting or set back against some brush.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Thats why I carry both mech. and fixed blades in my quiver!!!

If im doing a bush creep, then the Shuttle T-Locks come out, but in most cases the Rage is at the business end of my nokked arrow!!!:wink::wink::wink:

· Registered
48 Posts
i agree with bowhunter blades constantly opening.i hunt every day of pa. bow season. my fingers were actualy bleeding after the first week of early season from having to constantly check and reset blades.to boot their not even sharp!

· Registered
1,612 Posts
I have killed well over a dozen animals with the Rage BH's and not one problem to date!!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

· Registered
109 Posts
i shot the 3 blade for the first time last week and it opened almost as soon as the arrow left the string. i threw the all three of them away if it came open in flight once i dont want to take anychances of it happening when im shooting at an animal

· Registered
1,612 Posts
i shot the 3 blade for the first time last week and it opened almost as soon as the arrow left the string. i threw the all three of them away if it came open in flight once i dont want to take anychances of it happening when im shooting at an animal
You do know you caould have sold or maybe even returned them to the store???:confused::confused::confused:

· Registered
48 Posts
i have killed 15 deer in the last two years with rage 3 blade 40 yd. recovery max.than one bounced off ? thats right bounced off one inch of penetration .perfect broadside shot 30 yrds.yeah i know bad shot, buck feaver bla bla bla! i have bow hunted for over 20 years . the shot was perfect! you will hear more of this with the rage.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.