Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting in my blind today and was wondering if my rage broadhead will open when shot through the typical shoot through mesh that manufacturers put over the windows in ground blinds? Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Yep, they open. Whats surprising though, at close range..... I can still get 'em to hit where I'm aiming despite the fact that you can clearly see that they've opened on the mesh ???

·
Registered
24,953 Posts
there going to open.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, they open. Whats surprising though, at close range..... I can still get 'em to hit where I'm aiming despite the fact that you can clearly see that they've opened on the mesh ???
I was thinking exactly this. How far would you say close range is?

·
Embrace the suck!
7,898 Posts
I was thinking exactly this. How far would you say close range is?
I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it past 10 yds or so, but I am not speaking from experience (with a Rage anyway). I think it would be a good idea to try it at 20 or 30 at the block target to see what happens. It'd be a pity to lose a big gobbler because your arrow fish tailed. I shot a Rocket Hammerhead at a gobbler less than 15 yds away through the mesh one time. It wasn't even close to where I aimed, it didn't even spook the bird. I will never shoot a mechanical through mesh again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts