Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about trying some new broadheads this year, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the rage broadheads.

Thanks,
JesseL

·
Registered
90 Posts
I haven't but we sell them at work and I finally talked to a guy who had shot them and he confirmed that they do fly like darts. He shot the 2 blade on axis arrows and was VERY pleased, so much that he had came back for his second pack before season had even started!

·
Registered
956 Posts
They are basically a exact copy of a Rocky Mountain Snyper, if they work the same they are great I have killed many deer with Snypers

·
Registered
956 Posts

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Four things...

1) The company that now makes Rage broadheads bought the company that makes Snypers.

2) Different designs in the way they retain the blades in the closed position. The Snypers are a proven design....I have yet to hear any field ( i.e. kills) reports on how well they work.

3) The Rage 2 blade is a full 2" cut while the Snyper was 1 3/8"

4) I have read some preliminary test results on their 3 blade Rage and there seems to be a consensus that the 3 blades hang up on each other and fail to deploy. Something to keep in mind.

If the 2 blades open well on animals I would have to say that a 2" cut will put the deer down in a hurry. I have shot about 8 or 9 deer with the 2 blade Snypers and they just seem to go down fast although I was not extremely impressed with the blood trails. I just don't think a 2 blade slit will bleed as profusely as a 3 blade cut.

·
Registered
956 Posts
GreggWNY said:
Four things...

1) The company that now makes Rage broadheads bought the company that makes Snypers.

2) Different designs in the way they retain the blades in the closed position. The Snypers are a proven design....I have yet to hear any field ( i.e. kills) reports on how well they work.

3) The Rage 2 blade is a full 2" cut while the Snyper was 1 3/8"

4) I have read some preliminary test results on their 3 blade Rage and there seems to be a consensus that the 3 blades hang up on each other and fail to deploy. Something to keep in mind.

If the 2 blades open well on animals I would have to say that a 2" cut will put the deer down in a hurry. I have shot about 8 or 9 deer with the 2 blade Snypers and they just seem to go down fast although I was not extremely impressed with the blood trails. I just don't think a 2 blade slit will bleed as profusely as a 3 blade cut.

So your saying that Rage bought Barrie Archery???? I'm not saying your a liar, just kinda unbelievable. Rocky's have been around for a while.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Barryonyx said:
So your saying that Rage bought Barrie Archery???? I'm not saying your a liar, just kinda unbelievable. Rocky's have been around for a while.
Field Logic (maker of the Block targets) is the parent company of both heads. Take it to the bank - I heard it directly from Bruce Barrie over the phone last fall.

Link to story 1
Link to story 2

Best Regards,
Byron :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
3 blader wil lhang up. Do a search, I posted some pictures of them and the impacts they left on a clean target surface. I got perfect deployment once out of ten shots. I got one blade deployed a couple times and no blades deploying a few times. I sent the 3 blade back to exchange it for the 2 blade. The 2 blade is getting good reports so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts