Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done reading a lot of the old threads pertaining to these heads and it seems there is/was a problem with the 3 blade models. Has the issues with the 3 blade model been fixed? How are your experiences with the 2 or 3 blade versions? Are they quiet it flight?

·
Got Archery?
3,030 Posts
2 bladers are the real deal. The proof is in the freezer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
What problems

With the 3 blade design? I was thinking of trying these when I can get some. I like the smaller cutting diameter with my ke.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
KRnDe said:
With the 3 blade design? I was thinking of trying these when I can get some. I like the smaller cutting diameter with my ke.
I would bet you'd get more penetration with the 2-blade Rage, and more still with the 2-blade Snyper.

Best Regards,
Byron :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have Snypers in my quiver now both 2 & 3 blades. My stubby fingers don't like those little rubber bands. LOL. You think I would do better with the 2 blade rage even though it is 1/2 inch bigger cut? I used the 2" Hypershock last year with great success (1 shot, 1 kill). Heard him stagger then drop 35 yards away. But didn't get a pass thru. Went through ribs on entry and exit, just point sticking out. I think the Rage with the cut on contact tip would be a better choice and don't have to deal with those rubber bands.

ken

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
KRnDe said:
I have Snypers in my quiver now both 2 & 3 blades. My stubby fingers don't like those little rubber bands. LOL. You think I would do better with the 2 blade rage even though it is 1/2 inch bigger cut? I used the 2" Hypershock last year with great success (1 shot, 1 kill). Heard him stagger then drop 35 yards away. But didn't get a pass thru. Went through ribs on entry and exit, just point sticking out. I think the Rage with the cut on contact tip would be a better choice and don't have to deal with those rubber bands.

ken
In your shoes, I would stick with the 2-blade Snypers and continue killing deer. You can use a small allen wrench, a toothpick, or something similar to deal with the rubber bands. If you aren't now, use a quiver with two sets of arrow holders, designed for mechanical broadheads. I use the 4-arrow Kwikee Combo quiver. That way, the bands stay in place until they go through a deer. :wink:

Good luck,

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks Bryon

I would still like to try the Rage. I will once they become move available. I might even try that phone book test that you did. That way I will know which would be better for me.

I use a hip quiver as I remove it while on stand and find it easier to hang. Been thinking about a new bow mounted one, I might have to look into that one you use.

ken

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
KRnDe said:
I use a hip quiver as I remove it while on stand and find it easier to hang. Been thinking about a new bow mounted one, I might have to look into that one you use.
Ken,

Although my quiver is bow-mounted, I remove it as soon as I am in my stand. I use a Bracket Caddy (about $10 with an extra bracket) that screws into the tree and mount the quiver on the tree above me while hunting.

Best Regards,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts