Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the only thing holding them together in flight is the rear blades tucked in under the o ring. Is this enough? I'm thinking it must be people are killing alot of deer with them. Is all you have to worry about is not bumping them on anything?

· Registered
2,896 Posts
love mine, looking forward to live testing again this weekend.

· audentes fortuna iuvat
21,478 Posts
love mine, looking forward to live testing again this weekend.
Did a live test on Friday, double lung pass-through at 25 yards. My .300mag leaves a smaller hole.

Here's the exit hole.

I just can't see any reason to quit using them. My fixed blades are riding the bench now. I've had nothing but great experiences with the Rage 2 blade.

Never had a problem with an o-ring opening in flight.

<<<<<<<<BUT>>>>>>>>

It's a very good idea to check the o-rings. They can dry out and crack over time. Very easy and inexpensive to replace them and keep 'em fresh.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
They will NOT open if you have the blades snapped into the o-ring.
Nor will they stand up to a scapula hit either, they tend to deflect quite severely.........................Just my .02

· OWN YOUR SHOT!
3,589 Posts
Tekan

I have both the new tekan and the rage and they both work but even the new tekan I have found problems with. I have 1 that even when you push the blades into place it will not hold itself locked into position. I was all worried because my dad bought some rage with the role pin and has had problems with the blades being really sloppy and not even touching the o-ring when in the closed position, so it just goes to show check all of your heads and make sure what you take into the field is going to work. I have the older rage with the set screw and they have worked awesome for me, but this next year I am going to shoot the tekan and the rage. I think I will shoot the tekan for deer and the rage for elk.

· Registered
589 Posts
Has anyone taken a bear with a rage? just wondering on the performance. i want to do a spring bear hunt this year and am not sure if i will use the G5 striker or the rage. thanks

· Registered
9,544 Posts
I think it's time I tried the 2 blade rages. Every pic I've seen of a deer shot with one is just devastating. I have used Muzzy 3 blade 100 grains since I got into bow hunting, and have no thoughts on changing until I started seeing some pics.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Have you had this happen to you because I've blown right through the scapula with no deflection
did yours have the screw or the roll pin? My buddy lost a great buck on Oct 1 due to a slightly quartering shot in which he hit the scapula and deflected. To no avail he did not recover his deer, but did find his arrow with blades broken off and bent tip and shank..........:cry:
Boy was he piffed!:mad:

That is why I will stick with my REAPERS, muzzy chisel point will smash through that bone like butter!!!!

· Registered
2,653 Posts
did yours have the screw or the roll pin? My buddy lost a great buck on Oct 1 due to a slightly quartering shot in which he hit the scapula and deflected. To no avail he did not recover his deer, but did find his arrow with blades broken off and bent tip and shank..........:cry:
Boy was he piffed!:mad:

That is why I will stick with my REAPERS, muzzy chisel point will smash through that bone like butter!!!!
Screws

It's only Sept 23rd according to my calendar

· Registered
9,278 Posts
I've heard great things about the Rage™ broadheads and I plan on going out soon with them (This will be my first actual hunting trip:) ) But I can't decide on whether to get the 3-blade or 2-blade.

I'll be going after whitetails mostly. Currently using my Vectrix XT at 60 lbs. If anyone can give me some suggestions. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.