Archery Talk Forum banner

Rage broadheads

688 Views 12 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  huntsman1024
I'm sold on buying these broadheads and am now trying to decide if I want the two blade version or the three blade version. Any of you guys out there that use these broadheads have an opinion on which one and why?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Maaaaaahh......THWACK!
Darton, Conquest, Black Eagle
2,863 Posts
k ill go first

Well there is a lot of post on rage here just search and you will get all the reading you want. I have shot animals with both and I would recomend the 2 blade. The three blade seem to be sortof touchy. Keeping the blades lock can be aggrivating. Me and several of my hunting buddies have killed some thirty animals including several large hogs and the same story every time. Pass thru, huge enrty and exit, massive blood trials. There ahs been a few who said they have had experiences with the blades not opening, but no pictures or verifiable info on that, never happened to us. The other negative I've heard is deflection on angled shots. Again never to the hunters I lnow who have used them. Personally I've shot several with a severe angle, one inparticular was a buck I shot last year who had an injury on his neck. He didn't act sick and very well could have survived but I made the decision to take him out. He walked dead away from me down the edge of a food plot and would never turn. When he did it was slight anf 45 yards away. I let'er fly. The arrow went in midway down from the back and just in front of the back hip, behind the ribs. He jumped the string annd the exit was a little HIGHER the the exit on the oposite shoulder. Now it is my opinion that is. Had been using a 1" fixed blade I would not have found him, but because of the 2" cut on that rage he went about 50 yards and I had a blood trial the whole way. Pass through from hip to stern a little high and killed him quickly. Ill use them from now on.

· Registered
66 Posts
2-blade

I have been using the two blade heads for the last two years and love them. I have a buddy who uses the 3-blade version without any problems, but I have read about problems with them such as early blade deployment. No such problems with the 2-blade. Just make sure you have ample KE to shoot them to get passthroughs, they cut a massive hole.

· Registered
156 Posts
I use the 3-blades and have never had a problem with them. I've found that if the blades start getting touchy I just need to replace the o-ring. I've never shot the 2-blade because I have yet to see a short-comming of the 3-blade.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.