Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my experience with the Rage extreme head. Have used 3 blade rage without any problems and very good success the last couple years just wanted to try something different. Shot this doe at 29 yards quartering away from about 15 feet up. The head completely passed through and stuck a ways into the ground. The deer made it 20 yards max and fell down. The blood trail from the arrow to the deer was the sickest one I have ever seen. I have had some solid trails before with the 3blade version, but this was literally "the red carpet". The head was pretty well bent up but performed great non the less. Did not have any issues with new shockcollar delaying deployment as the entrance hole(as pictured) was massive. Exit hole was also quite large. For another year I will once again scratch my head at the people who bash these broadheads. Although I hate to admit it, I have hit deer in all kinds of locations, in all sorts of conditions and still have yet to experience the "failures" or "penetration issues" I see floating around on this site from time to time. Head was shot at 68#s from a 29' Strother Rush on a 5575 GT XT hunter.

Skin Flesh Non-Sporting Group Canidae
Skin Flesh Non-Sporting Group Canidae

· Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
Congrats brother!

Friendly advice, you may want to bump up the spine to get even more potential out of these great heads. Get some 7595's or Velocity .300's w/ 50grs on the insert and I bet you will be even more impressed to see it zip through so fast that you will have thought you missed, lol.

· Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats brother!

Friendly advice, you may want to bump up the spine to get even more potential out of these great heads. Get some 7595's or Velocity .300's w/ 50grs on the insert and I bet you will be even more impressed to see it zip through so fast that you will have thought you missed, lol.
Thanks man, and I plan on switching arrows once i shoot these up. XTs are a nice cheap , strong arrow.

· Registered
11,776 Posts
Congrats ! They are devastating .

· Registered
267 Posts
I'm probably going to try some Rages this year, but I find it hard to spend $13 a head. I've been using Muzzies for quite a few years, and I've only lost one animal which I shot too high. Those huge holes definitely are impressive.

· Team Overkill
6,628 Posts

· Registered
1,645 Posts
Ive always stayed away from 2 blades for some reason just never cared for them. But just thought one day i would try them, bought 6 new heads off here, and cant wait to use them this deer season, the holes and bloodtrails are quite impressive!!! Nice shot, and good review!!

· Registered
1,844 Posts
Unbelievable devastation. I have never, and I mean never seen a broad head as good as the rage. I shoot the Chisel Tip 2 Blades in 100gr and I have never had a deer run any farther than 25 yards. This year the first doe I killed, I was literally finding ribs in the blood trail. 4-6" pieces. It was a great day.

· Registered
1,645 Posts
Unbelievable devastation. I have never, and I mean never seen a broad head as good as the rage. I shoot the Chisel Tip 2 Blades in 100gr and I have never had a deer run any farther than 25 yards. This year the first doe I killed, I was literally finding ribs in the blood trail. 4-6" pieces. It was a great day.
I got some of the coc rage heads, how does the chisel tip compare? They look more durable, and like they would possibly penetrate better?

· Registered
1,814 Posts
I used the Rage 2 blade this year, ALOT of blood the first 40 yds, then 2 small drops in 10 yds, then not a single drop of blood for about 60 yds. My shot was a little far back (through the liver). The entry hole and the exit holes were big. Over all I am happy with there performance and will keep using them. I think most of the bh on the market will get the job done, we have to do are part and make a good shot.

Wes

· Registered
1,844 Posts
I got some of the coc rage heads, how does the chisel tip compare? They look more durable, and like they would possibly penetrate better?
The chisel tips are extremely sharp and I have never had a head break on me yet. Even shooting a tree while killing a squirrel the head was fine. Well it needed a new blade because the tree bent one. But yeah absolutely durable and as I said before devastating

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.