Archery Talk Forum banner

Rage Flight Problems

872 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  IL-Gutpile
My brother calls me tonight and warns me to not buy Rage brioadheads. He gets some and shoots the practice head and says everything is hitting high and right approximately 5 inches. To be sure he shoots one of the actual heads and finds the same thing. He is shooting a Bowtech Justice at 65 lbs, 27" draw, Beman ICS's 400 with Blazer vanes. He is tackdriving with field points. Has anyone else experienced this?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· OWN YOUR SHOT!
3,589 Posts
rage heads

sounds like he needs to just move his sight. does it really matter where his field points hit. My rage heads hit with my field points but if my rage heads were grouping good I would just move my sight and sight in with the real deal. Not bashing you just trying to help out.

· Banned
182 Posts
i would guess something is out of tune.. even a really badly out of wack bow will stack fp..... tell him to shoot a fixed blade... see where that goes....

· im not NOT licking toads.
7,992 Posts
My brother calls me tonight and warns me to not buy Rage brioadheads. He gets some and shoots the practice head and says everything is hitting high and right approximately 5 inches. To be sure he shoots one of the actual heads and finds the same thing. He is shooting a Bowtech Justice at 65 lbs, 27" draw, Beman ICS's 400 with Blazer vanes. He is tackdriving with field points. Has anyone else experienced this?

he just needs to tune his bow !

to me that says move the rest down and to the left
in very small increments to correct the problem.

also if his arrows are much longer than 27" he may be slightly underspined

no bow is going to put any head in exactly the same spot as your field tips
unless your bow is tuned well....

· Registered
1,314 Posts
Funny Thing

I just tried mine tonight, was hitting 2-3 inches low at 20 yards. Checked my bow over and the nock point had moved up the string about 1/8 inch from where it was originally. Haven't tried it yet but I think I may have solved my problem.

· State With Little Bucks
12,122 Posts
sounds like he needs to just move his sight. does it really matter where his field points hit. My rage heads hit with my field points but if my rage heads were grouping good I would just move my sight and sight in with the real deal. Not bashing you just trying to help out.
X2..
Mine fly great and I didn't have to move anything.

· Registered
1,140 Posts
i would guess something is out of tune.. even a really badly out of wack bow will stack fp..... tell him to shoot a fixed blade... see where that goes....
All I can say is wow. If Rages are impacting that far from field points there is no doubt in my mind the bow is out of tune....bad. Even when I couldn't get fixed blade broadheads to impact with my field points, I've never had that issue with Snypers. I agree...have him shoot a fixed blade and when it impacts a foot from the field points, it will confirm that he needs to tune his bow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.