Archery Talk Forum banner

rage heads and shoot through netting

651 6
how do the 2 blade rage broadheads work shooting through netting
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,756 Posts
Did you watch Gettin Close with Lee and Tiffany? Blake Shelton was on their and he shot threw the actual blind and still killed a deer. I don't shoot threw the netting but apparently it will still fly somewhat strait.

· Registered
705 Posts
I shot a turkey last spring through the netting on a Double Bull and she flew like a dart. My friend actually tested the Rage several times through the netting and they worked great.

Joey

· Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,155 Posts
I would say it would not be good, but if there is a good thing about it, the head will be cutting a hole and maybe the blunt front of the blades would go through that hole that the tip cut with no problem?

I would stay away from expandables with shoot through netting just because it seems like it would open up, so I use cut on contacts for the netting. Try them out though and see what happens and let us know:wink:

· Registered
175 Posts
rage 2 thru mesh

shot a doe at very close range last season. Believe it affected trajectory of shot - but the result was a 1 shot kill, dead in +-30 yards. No blood trail for 8-10 yards, then the trail began, and grew heavier with every step. In retrospect probably will not attempt again - if the deer hadn't been so close likely would have been a miss. Can't be sure the blade opened but the POI did not equal the POA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.