Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a long time Rage broadhead fan......as a matter of fact, in over 5 years of using them, I've never lost a deer. That being said, I've read some reviews about the new Hypodermic design, and it seems it's about split down the middle. Half loving it, and half absolutely hating it cause of it's durability and blades not opening up on impact.

So my question to everyone here is.....if you've used this broadhead and have an opinion on it, can you let me know your thoughts on it? I just bought 3 of them, but it sure seems like this new plastic collar makes it very difficult for the blades to open up.

Any info on this broadhead would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Core Archery! So I guess it had no problem opening up past that stiff plastic collar, huh? And the hole wasn't a full 2 inches then?

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Shot a buck this past Saturday. Shot was 20 yards and deer died 51 yards away. Blades fully deployed entrance and exit. Blades did break due to rocky ground.

· I have MANY BOWS
2,437 Posts
I never used mechanicals on a deer ever. I shot my first turkey with a NAP Killzone and it opened on a neck shot. I thought it was harder to open than the Rage Hypodermics. I had a shoe box I pushed both broadheads through the shoebox lid and you'd be surprised how little effort it takes to open the blades. Needless to say I'll continue to use both broadheads. I never used a rage ever before this year...I bought them, I just heard terrible reviews and never used them.

Entrance hole on my doe this year. 20yds, 400grn arrow, 60lbs. complete pass through.
Some blood where she spun around and died.

Blood on the trail.

Doe dead when I walked up on her.

· Banned
5,673 Posts
Bottom line..... If you're shooting enough KE the blades are going to open, it's that simple. The people who have problems with blades opening aren't shooting enough KE. They also make 40 KE for lower poundage shooters, just make sure you shoot the proper style and you won't have any problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.