Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried rolling down the rubber O-ring and then closing the blades and then rolling the o-ring back in place? I was just sitting here thinking that it may better secure the blades instead of having the blades press down through the o-ring?

I was just thinking about this because I have a nice buck running around and want to use this head because the practice head flies perfect and I love that 2” cut, but all the talk lately has got me a little timid.

Any thoughts? Did this even make any sense?

Ps…This is not a thread comparing BH’s. I realize everyone has an opinion and I truly respect it, but I’m interested in the above idea or something similar.

Thanks
JAM

· Registered
5,479 Posts
I was thinking getting rid of the oring in general and trying a rubberband they use on braces to go over the blades.

It would be cut when it opened.

However for $40 bucks per three, I would like to seem them work out of the box!

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking getting rid of the oring in general and trying a rubberband they use on braces to go over the blades.

It would be cut when it opened.

However for $40 bucks per three, I would like to seem them work out of the box!

I read a thread not too long ago talking about adding a second rubber band, but I was hoping this may work as well. I haven’t tried it but I’m stuck at work just thinking about it.

· audentes fortuna iuvat
21,482 Posts
Not again:confused:

These blades work great, just the way they are. Rolling the o-ring up afterwards isn't going to change anything. If you want to add rubber bands, don't buy the Rage, buy the Rocky Mt. Snypers, they just have a smaller cut but the same design.

· Registered
975 Posts
If o-ring was over the blades, wouldn't the blades cut it?:confused:

Anyway, I sold my skimpy 3 for $20 and bought the 1 3/4 Grim Reapers, the rage wouldn't stay closed in my octane quiver.

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
just a note.rage makes a good product period.
some don't like it for whatever reason but,for everyone that posts a bad rap
about them 1000 more packs were sold .
as far as the quiver,there are several posts on here telling how to fix that problem too....cut the foam down to 1/2' deep to hold just the point

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just a note.rage makes a good product period.
some don't like it for whatever reason but,for everyone that posts a bad rap
about them 1000 more packs were sold .
as far as the quiver,there are several posts on here telling how to fix that problem too....cut the foam down to 1/2' deep to hold just the point
You are not taking my post as a bad rap are you?

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
You are not taking my post as a bad rap are you?

no no NO, I like your thinking about the o ring.
the idea about the small dental rubber bands might be ok if they don't have any replacement bands on hand.
because it won't take much to hold them in and won't take much to open them up.
keep up the posts my friend!!!

· Registered
3,514 Posts
For my $0.02 worth, I would like to see a radius cut on the back of the blade to have a more positive lock on the o-ring. I have no doubt they work and work well ( I have seen them in action). It must be operator error on my part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.