Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to shoot the Rage 2 blade one hundred and am having problems with the heads opening in flight? Sounds and looks like a high speed helicopter crash about 3 out of every 4 shots!!! I am shooting a Hoyt Trykon at 75lbs/Winners Choice/Speed bumps,etc... with an Easton A/C/C 3-60 at 30.5" with 3.25" Quikspins......would weak arrow spine cause this....or quikspins? Fought a couple of rocket rubber bands onto the rage and then it did not open during flight, but hits 3 inchs dead high of my field points......bow is tuned to a T......broadheads group and field tips group, knocking unibushings....just 3 inches apart......I have A/C/C 3-71 (proper spine) on their way. Any other insight? And please do not reccomend other broadheads.....want to shoot the Rage, like the idea and the hole....Thanks in advance, Jeff

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
jeffblasi said:
I am attempting to shoot the Rage 2 blade one hundred and am having problems with the heads opening in flight? Sounds and looks like a high speed helicopter crash about 3 out of every 4 shots!!! I am shooting a Hoyt Trykon at 75lbs/Winners Choice/Speed bumps,etc... with an Easton A/C/C 3-60 at 30.5" with 3.25" Quikspins......would weak arrow spine cause this....or quikspins? Fought a couple of rocket rubber bands onto the rage and then it did not open during flight, but hits 3 inchs dead high of my field points......bow is tuned to a T......broadheads group and field tips group, knocking unibushings....just 3 inches apart......I have A/C/C 3-71 (proper spine) on their way. Any other insight? And please do not reccomend other broadheads.....want to shoot the Rage, like the idea and the hole....Thanks in advance, Jeff
Help me out. Why in the world shouldn't people recommend another broadhead? If it doesn't work, switch. Don't jerry wrig it to make it work. These heads haven't exactly been getting positive reviews on this site.

Liking an idea is fine, but sticking with it when it doesn't work... not so good.

At least help us out and tell us why you think it's worth trying to 'solve'. WAY too many excellent heads out there to stick with something that's helicoptering out of your set up. :confused:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Duke_II said:
Why in the world shouldn't people recommend another broadhead? If it doesn't work, switch. Don't jerry wrig it to make it work.

Agreed.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I would suggest the following:

1) Get some Rocket Steelheads;

2) Write Rage Broadheads a letter informing them of the problem that you are having with their heads and request a full refund of your purchase price for the defective product which they have placed into the stream of commerce.

3L

·
Registered
695 Posts
After reading some posts about the Rage opening in flight I decided to pull out my actual 3 blade hunting head and give it a shot. At 30 yards it flew like a lazer and narrowly missed a target spot the size of a quarter. And it did not open in flight but deffinetly opened on impact. I cant wait to hit some hide with these things. Just my experience. Good Luck to all this year! :wink:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, not going to shoot the Rage heads...they just will not work with my set up....plain and simple...just thought they were cool and the idea was cool....but they fly open partially, even with a rocket rubber band holding the blades closed! Put two rubber bands on and they hit 3 inches high!? I have too much respect for the animals I hunt to shoot such an inferior head....too bad, because I had my mind made up that was what I was going to shoot.....going back to muzzy 4 blade or shuttle t lock fixed...I know they work. Just stubborn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts