Votes: 65 56.5%
  • Rage 2 blade

Votes: 50 43.5%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so i have a nice buck I stand a good chance at opening morning I have 2 blade chisel tip rages and T3's what should I use the way he's coming I will probably get a qaurtering away shot whats a better head?

·
I Should Be Hunting
1,226 Posts
I watched a T3 blow through a very thick sheet of plywood last weekend and there was no damage to it. A 2 blade Rage was shot also and one of the blades broke.

That same T3 was then shot again with a different bow/arrow combo and it again blew through the plywood. I was pretty impressed.

As a side note..........the only other broadhead to go through was a 125gr. Slicktrick Mag.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Id use the T3 no way id take a chance with the rage on a quartering shot!!! I lost a buck last year to a Rage that didnt open..... the shot was a little low but if the head would have expanded no doubt a lethal shot!!!

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
The Tekans are a sturdier, smarter, better penetrating design. I'd go for some Slick Tricks or Montecs, though, if I were you. Even more durable and dependable. And the STs make holes bigger than many expandables make, believe it or not.

·
300 or bust
13,141 Posts
T3 solid steel construction

·
Bow A$SaS$iN
1,100 Posts
T3 solid steel construction
The T3's are absolute junk. G5 melts metal pellets and pours it into a mold in order to make their broadheads and have the consistancy of cast aluminum. If you look at the broadhead itself, where the threads meet the main furrel of the broadhead (Where the insert of your arrow seats when you have the broadhead screwed on the arrow) the thickness of the metal there is right around 1/8" thick. I cannot tell you how many T3's broadheads my friends and I have litterly broke in half shooting them into foam deer targets while practicing and even the buck I harvested last year and the doe my buddy shot last year, resulted in the broadheads breaking in the spot I described above. I kept calling G5 and they kept mailing out replacement packs of broadheads to me, but the problem never stopped. I now shoot QAD Exodus which is REAL SOLID STEEL CONSTRUCTION and believe me, there isnt a better head on the market today!

Not a fan of the Rage heads for the simple fact that I put to much time, energy and money into bowhunting. The last thing I want to do is have to gawk at my broadhead to make sure the blades are shut before I draw back on a deer. If you have to look at a piece of gear during the moment of truth to make sure its working properly, there is no reason to have it in the stand with ya. There are enough variables to contend with in the deer woods, my gear isnt one of them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I left the T3's for 3 blade chisel tips. The spider clips are a royal pain in the butt! I got a new pack of T3's and if you so much as breathed on them the blades would just fall down due to the weak clips. Shot two hogs opening weekend and the chisel tips preformed flawlessly. Complete passthroughs and no damage other than dulling the blades.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have to say the T3. I have shot both and have seen the blades bend and break on the rage and I hate the fact that they like to open up in my quiver. The T3 I took my bear with last year was rock solid blew through the bear and hit a stump and stuck. All I had to do was clean them,touch up the blades and add a new spider clip. With all that being said I also carry 3 Slick tricks in my quiver.

·
wolfey
4,237 Posts
Shot both of these through a 3/8" sheet of mdf wood and the rage held up the best. Rage had bent blades that made indents in the ferrule but the t3 broke a blade and destroyed the ferrule and I shot two t3s to make sure it wasn't a fluke but the same thing happened both times. I've also had t3s break at the threads.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.