Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get some info on Rage 2 blades. For those that use them do the practice heads fly the same as the actual hunting heads? Or do you shoot and tune each arrow/head combo? Trying to find out as I am picking some up and need to know if I should also grab a pack of replacement blades. Hopefully the practice heads fly the same so that there is no need to waist new blades to tune.

Help me out if you can, Thanks!

· Registered
658 Posts
I have found them to be junk and would never buy them again. I shot one at a deer...missing the deer....and the entire broadhead came apart. I went to a different head with the same design...Gator XP....they work well and stay together.

Just my experience with them.....

· Just beat Terry Club
9,369 Posts
Made a bad shot one moring and asked myself the same question about the practice head and the real one flying the same. Shot one into the 18-1 and it hit dead in the B.Eye. Mine was the 3 blade one though.

· Banned
3,067 Posts
Trying to get some info on Rage 2 blades. For those that use them do the practice heads fly the same as the actual hunting heads? Or do you shoot and tune each arrow/head combo? Trying to find out as I am picking some up and need to know if I should also grab a pack of replacement blades. Hopefully the practice heads fly the same so that there is no need to waist new blades to tune.

Help me out if you can, Thanks!
Here's the bad part of the rage broadheads......they make really big hole's right where you point them. So if you miss or make a bad shot it's all indian.

· Just beat Terry Club
9,369 Posts
Here's the bad part of the rage broadheads......they make really big hole's right where you point them. So if you miss or make a bad shot it's all indian.
Not familar with that quote.

· Registered
658 Posts
me either.....

· Registered
2,590 Posts
I switched from shuttle t's to the rage two blades last week and I shot a doe last night. Needless to say i was very happy with the outcome. I have never seen such a big hole or so much blood on the ground after shooting my doe. Heads fly true as well! :darkbeer:

· Registered
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I am gathering that the practice tips do fly the same as the actual hunting heads?!?!?! Heading out the door right now to pick up a pack of 2 blades and do some shooting when I get home.

Thanks so far everyone,
Z

· State With Little Bucks
12,122 Posts
So I am gathering that the practice tips do fly the same as the actual hunting heads?!?!?! Heading out the door right now to pick up a pack of 2 blades and do some shooting when I get home.

Thanks so far everyone,
Z
Yes they fly the same..
All I do is screw real head on and go hunting..
Just post pictures of your kills...:wink:

· audentes fortuna iuvat
21,485 Posts
Yes the practice head shoots the exact same as the real heads. And they shoot the exact same as field tips. I've been shooting the Rage 2 blades for thee seasons now and I don't use the practice heads anymore. All they do is damage your target more than field points.

butchtango I have found them to be junk and would never buy them again. I shot one at a deer...missing the deer....and the entire broadhead came apart. I went to a different head with the same design...Gator XP....they work well and stay together.
Ahhhh, maybe you should try hitting a deer with one???? I missed a deer and hit something else so the broadhead must be junk:confused::confused::confused: Wow.

Never had any problems with the Rage 2 blades unless you consider huge entry and exit holes a problem. Even buried in the dirt after pass-throughs the heads have always been in great shape. Some damage pics from this year...

Where they have ended up after the shots on the deer I've killed with them.

Exit hole...

Lung damage on a quartering shot from the same doe.

Another doe I shot earlier this season.

Exit hole....

These heads are NOT junk. They have performed very well for me. I also shoot Slick Tricks for a fixed head. Since shooting the Rage 2 blades the Tricks are riding the pines. Both are excellent heads, I just like the big "THWACK" the Rage makes when it's going to work:)

· Registered
606 Posts
I have found them to be junk and would never buy them again. I shot one at a deer...missing the deer....and the entire broadhead came apart. I went to a different head with the same design...Gator XP....they work well and stay together.

Just my experience with them.....

You miss and the head is junk...OK, have another:darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer:

· Registered
1,906 Posts
8 pt this am

I went to rage this year and the only problem i had was they did not fly the same as my field points.....they hit 4 inches left and 7 inches low!!!!
To solve the problem, I refletched my arrows with 2" blazer vanes. Now the field tips, practice head, hunting head and even my 100 grain 3 blade muzzys, all hit at the same place!!!! Thats right. I tried them out to 40 yards and the all hit like the field points.
I have taken a 10 pt and an 8 pt this month and the rage broadheads work better than any I have ever shot. Deer travelled 73 and 82 yards before folding up. They make a horrible looking hole!!!

Attachments

· Registered
5,628 Posts
It's mind bottlin ain't it? :wink:

I missed a deer, hit a rock, and my Rage broke. What junk! :confused::confused:

Guys say we shoot mechanical heads cause we don't know how to tune our bows, and get our field points hitting with our broadheads.

Thats a load of bull.

I have my ATA, and my BH in spec. I have my center shot perfect. I adjust my idler wheel until my string tracks straight, and set it according to the Vince idler wheel tuning method.
I make sure my cam is in tune, them i tweak my strings and cables a bit to see if i can find a "sweeter spot".

My bow shoots darts.

I use the Rage 2 blade because it has destroyed everything i've shot with it.

No broadhead will make up for a bad shot.

mn5503, those were some great pics.

Below is last years buck, shot with the Rage 2 blade, and the exit hole....

Attachments

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
lets see if i got this right >

first you missed the deer, thats understandable
second the head fell apart,what did you hit?????
you say in one sentence their junk but,you go out and buy some more of the same design?????? don't understand that part at all.
:dontknow:
I vote INDIAN ALL THE WAY HERE

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
#18 Today, 10:37 PM
Lonestar63
Tremble Buck, Tremble.... Join Date: Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnar
You miss and the head is junk...OK, have another

It's mind bottlin ain't it?

I missed a deer, hit a rock, and my Rage broke. What junk!

Guys say we shoot mechanical heads cause we don't know how to tune our bows, and get our field points hitting with our broadheads.

Thats a load of bull.

I have my ATA, and my BH in spec. I have my center shot perfect. I adjust my idler wheel until my string tracks straight, and set it according to the Vince idler wheel tuning method.
I make sure my cam is in tune, them i tweak my strings and cables a bit to see if i can find a "sweeter spot".

My bow shoots darts.

I use the Rage 2 blade because it has destroyed everything i've shot with it.

No broadhead will make up for a bad shot.

mn5503, those were some great pics.

Below is last years buck, shot with the Rage 2 blade, and the exit hole....

RIGHT ON BRO.....RIGHT ON .........NICE PICS.TOO

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.