Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to know your opinion on this broadhead.Blood trail, Durability,Penetration and overall performance.Thanks for replies.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I heard

I am using these broadheads but the thing is that my season opens Oct 1 so i havent done anything else with them except shoot the practice head which hits exactly where my field pts do. I saw mike hanbacks big buck zone that Jay and Tammy Gregory shot mulies with them a couple weeks ago and the holes were huge.

Here is the pic.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rage sc 2

Pretty impressive hole I wonder if that was entry or exit.Just wondering if those blades open all the way on entry..Thanks for the pic.I guess it doesn't matter if you have a hole like that.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Rapture,

Iam not shooting them but saw a doe that was shot with them the other day. The entrance hole was massive - I'd say about 3 inches long. Arrow did not exit but shot was almost straight down and the guy was using an older PSE at 60 pounds. He said the deer went six feet and died. I was sure impressed!

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
rapturebows said:
Just wondering if those blades open all the way on entry.

I saw a demonstration with them a while back and I can't remember what show it was on for the life of me. At any rate, they definitely fully open on impact, infact, in most of the test shots the blades opened a hole that was almost 3" as opposed to the 2" they are rated at and the exit holes were usually a little over 2".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Shot a deer Saturday morning with the Rage 2 blade. Poor shot by me but extremely impressive performance by the head!! The blood trail was big enough that I didn't get off the 4-wheeler..

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Rage!

Sold a couple packs of the 3 blade heads to a friend a few weeks ago. He shot a P & Y black bear with one. Measured the entry hole at 2.75" diameter and the exit hole just over 3".... According to him, the bear piled up within 25 yrds and the blood trail looked like someone use a paint brush.

I did read on a different forum, that one guy thought the blades were extremely dull, but that hasn't been my experience. I suppose just like anything else though, it could happen.

-T

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
They did fairly well in my tests, not the most durable, but they do open fast a cut a big hole. I do have a full review on the subscribers side of my site if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
445 Posts
mixed reviews

i shot a doe the other day and excellent entrance wound, it was a little high and one blade hit here spine and she went down. i put another arrow in her while she was on the ground mid sterum. after i got down and pulled my arrows, i looked over the heads for any damage to the tips and blades from bone contact. zero damage, tip and blades looked brand new. got home and spun my arrows and both ferrells were bent:sad: there was no evidence of any bone damage to tips, removed tips and figured i'd replace them just in case, cant even get them in the slot. called rage and the customer service is the worst i've ever dealt with. basically he said the broadhead did the job and i had to hit the bone and they've never had these problems. at $13.00 a head thats pretty expensive for a one shot deal.:sad: they really need to redesign the tip, if this head had a chiesel point like grim reapers, it would be the best mechanical on the market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts