Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets not make this a rage hating thread, but does anyone on here use them out of a crossbow? and do they stay closed good? i have the PSE X-FORCE 300. shoots apporx 300 fps, and 80 lbs kinetic energy, depending on arrows of course. But anyhow, i like the rage head, but how do they hold up in a x-bow?

·
Registered
411 Posts
i'd either band 'em or get the crossbow Rages. I tried shooting rage 3 blades out of my dad's Barnett Predator and watched them take off like airplanes. Pulled them out of a tree 125 yards away, 75 yards past the target. Target was down in a draw, bolt went up and 10 ft up in a tree. All fletchings were fine, shooting brand new carbon shafts, so they were straight. I watched the arrow go out 25 yards straight then curve up and sail like an airplane. Practice head flew fine, so the blade popping open midflight is the only thing I can think of. So if you use them, i'd band em. Dad now shoots 3 blade NAP Bloodrunners and they fly right with fps. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
i used them last year. Only one kill (only one shot) and it did fine. I know that's hardly enough to go off of, but several friends use them too out of their crossbows, and no issues yet. Without intentionally trying to piss anyone off, most issues with the blades opening in flight, are user error problems. They're not seating the blades properly on the o-rings. You really need to make sure they're secured correctly...they can look like they are, without actually being right if you don't take the few extra seconds to be 100% sure.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My 11 year daughter killed her first buck last November with 2-blade rage shot out of a Barnett C-5 crossbow. She shot it at 35 yards and it piled up in less than 20 yards. Massive blood trail. I agree with the previous post about care in ensuring setup correctly. I have not been able to identify anything different from the new 2-blade for crossbow other than the color. Their website has information in the FAQ section. I will use the original ones unless I find out the crossbow ones are truely different. Mechanicals are not good choices in all hunting situations, but for cross bow and compounds 50#+ on whitetails, I am sold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts