Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched a bit but lost interest in weeding through all the love, hate, and bash posts.

I have seen the vids of the blades opening up on paper targets... Will they open on a shoot through mesh window on a blind?

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
wouldnt try it. They are VERY SENSATIVE. I have heard people having theirs come open on there own so i would imagine that the mesh would encourage it. Awesome broadhead though. Everything i shoot with them dies.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but, what about spitfires. I had the same problem sorting through all the love hate stuff.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but, what about spitfires. I had the same problem sorting through all the love hate stuff.
I shot spitfires through my groundblind last year.Harvested a doe at fifteen yards and a buck at thirty two. No problems with flight. I shot about fifteen arrows throuigh the mesh before I went hunting without any problems at all.
They do leave a good hole in a deer.:)

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I tried both Spitfires and Rages through the mesh of my ASAT blind. In both instances, the blades deploy going through the mesh. I was a little surprised how well they fly after opening up. Could hit a deer at 20 yards without a lot of trouble. Wouldn't want to try it at 50 yards, though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the replies...Pretty much what I was thinking...

Classic case of "can't be everything to everyone"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts