Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Willl Rain wash away human scent? They say the best time to head into the woods if you have to do any work is when it rains? Anyone have an opinion on this one?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Huntin'Honey24 said:
Willl Rain wash away human scent? They say the best time to head into the woods if you have to do any work is when it rains? Anyone have an opinion on this one?
I believe that the dampness keeps scent in a smaller area. It doesn't spread as far or as fast. Providing there isn't much/any wind.

Jim

·
Registered
376 Posts
Not for sure. I CAN tell you one thing for sure. My bird dogs pick up scent WAY better in damp conditions. WDO

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I don't have any scientific evidence to prove that rain washes away or keeps the spread of human scent to a minimum, but common sense would suggest that it has to be somewhat effective. Besides that, the pros say it does!:D Which is why I try to hang stands during or just before rain.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Rain will wash scent away,but damp conditions or high humidity will hold scent.At least thats what the **** hunters tell me.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
cold, damp weather is the best conditions to carry sent, but hard rain keep it in a smaller area.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I always try to hang stands just before or during rainy conditions. water is great at diluting or removing almost any odor or soluble, if sufficent water is applied. In otherwords the more the merrier.

·
Registered
532 Posts
One of the best times to be watching a scrape is after a good rain, the bucks are eager to get up and freshen the scrapes up after a rain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts