Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says.... who wants to see a center pivot speed bow from Bowtech?

I'm officially starting a grassroots campaign effort to get Craig Yehle (spelling?) and John Strashiem to make one for 2009. I'm sick of not getting what I want dammit!:eek::wink:

Craig, John..... in this year of elections, I think that Bowtech should be listening to the masses and putting forth great effort to design and build a center pivot bow platform that has Airborne speeds, with a 7" brace height and a lighter over-all mass weight! Hunters unite!

Chime in all you Bowtech lovers and give your opinions!:cocktail:

-ZA (head lobbyist for The Advancement of Center Pivot Bows Association - ACPBA)

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
Count me in!

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
The General and Guardian are slow?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Amen

37 inch A to A with 7 inch brace. Center Pivot 340 fps with roller cable guard and short stop. This would be the ultimate bow!!!!!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
OK, I admit I was talking about this yesterday with a friend...adn we thought about takin the cams off the 82nd in the shop and putting them on my guardian with a custom string... Go ahead Bowtech, make my day!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Would love to see it. Might be asking a bit much though. Might take a little more development than you realize. I would guess that the 2009 bows are well on the development stage and probably are looking at prototypes very soon. 2009 Bowtech bows will start trickling to the stores around October. That only gives 6 months of testing and figuring out manufacturing. Maybe a 2010 bow.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see it. I love the General and the overall feel of the center pivot design.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Would be a definate interest.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
bubble burst

I hate to burst any bubbles, but if they make a center pivot bow as fast as the airborne, it would have more noise due to the speed. If that is the case, why not save the weight, and just shoot an airborne. Mine shoots 25 FPS faster than a guardian, with hardly anymore noise. The General is unbeatable for noise, but is it the center pivot, or just the slower speeds? Just my opinion, please don't beat me up to bad :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'm "LEANING" towards no.

J/K might not be a bad idea, they at least got the centor pivot figured out, now all they need is to perfect the rollers and cam design.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
The General and Guardian are slow?
I wouldn't call them slow, but IMO it's not a "speed" bow per se until you hit at least 340 fps today :wink:

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
As the title says.... who wants to see a center pivot speed bow from Bowtech?

I'm officially starting a grassroots campaign effort to get Craig Yehle (spelling?) and John Strashiem to make one for 2009. I'm sick of not getting what I want dammit!:eek::wink:

Craig, John..... in this year of elections, I think that Bowtech should be listening to the masses and putting forth great effort to design and build a center pivot bow platform that has Airborne speeds, with a 7" brace height and a lighter over-all mass weight! Hunters unite!

Chime in all you Bowtech lovers and give your opinions!:cocktail:

-ZA (head lobbyist for The Advancement of Center Pivot Bows Association - ACPBA)
:confused:...too much free time, eh??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I am hoping that they already have next years bows designed and ready for production..........so if they are not aware of this request it might be 2010 before we see it. But I am sure they know what there customers want. I hope to see it later this year.....that would be great!!:wink:

Center Pivot bow....32"-34" ata.....340-355fps....and smooth as silk....Is that to much to ask???????:tongue:

·
Registered
172 Posts
It would be nice.

Until then I will continue enjoying shooting the Airborne, I really like this bow.

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We want to have our cake and eat it too! :wink: Ultra quiet center pivot shooting 340-350 fps. They can do it if they try!

-ZA

I hate to burst any bubbles, but if they make a center pivot bow as fast as the airborne, it would have more noise due to the speed. If that is the case, why not save the weight, and just shoot an airborne. Mine shoots 25 FPS faster than a guardian, with hardly anymore noise. The General is unbeatable for noise, but is it the center pivot, or just the slower speeds? Just my opinion, please don't beat me up to bad :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
340fps Guardian? Yes, absolutely. I'd sell my horse and rent out my house for one! Roller guards? NO! I hate those things, might not have a choice but I'd much rather not have it there, bows shoot just fine without them. Lighter weight really don't matter I like mine bow a little heavier than most but "put the weight where you want it" makes sense too. I wouldn't mind having an adjustable draw stop though.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts