Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody shoot them and if so how much longer did you have to make your arrow length in order for the blades to clear the shelf/riser? I'm curious about this Broadhead and have been doing some research

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
I was shooting goldtip velocities cut short (27.5). I had to add 2 inches or so to my arrows so I went to a heavier spine goldtip big games with 50 grain inserts and 125 grain ramcats.

It was worth making the changes for me

I think the blades come back over the shaft around 1 inch so you need your arrows at least that far infront of your rider

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
I pull mine past the riser and shoot the 1.5" blades. You just have to glue the insert on so the top blade is around 1:00. Other is 5:00 and 9:00.

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
I've done that too, I just couldn't get over having the blades wiz by my hand/finger. It effected my grip and my shooting
When you have a 33.5" DL, you get used to it or try and find 35" arrows.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I shoot a Qad Hdx with Maxima Hunters on my Impulse the are above the riser which even if the blade is straight down. It was the same way with my chill X? Maybe its the Qad I dont know? Don't really see how I could cut my hand either no diff, then any other head. I was considering some smaller diameter arrows glad I seen this 1ST.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,401 Posts
I shoot with the 125's over the shelf without any issues.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
When I shoot a suprise release with my cpx I have on many occasions had the fletchings hit the meat at the base of my index finger.(shooting cock vane up) That is what keeps my from wanting a large cut fixed head behind my hand at the shot. Every bow and shooter is different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts