Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to archery and have been shooting my first bow now for about a week. I finally got some good form down and am working on sighting in my first pin at 20 yards. Unfortunately I have ran out of windage adjustment. I have a Whisker Biscuit arrow rest that is in its center of adjustment range. Now the archery shop here put it all together for me. Is it ok to adjust the rest to make up for my sights windage limitations. I don't know much about lining up a center shot, so I am asking you guys, maybe he was slightly off?

· Registered
8,117 Posts
I am new to archery and have been shooting my first bow now for about a week. I finally got some good form down and am working on sighting in my first pin at 20 yards. Unfortunately I have ran out of windage adjustment. I have a Whisker Biscuit arrow rest that is in its center of adjustment range. Now the archery shop here put it all together for me. Is it ok to adjust the rest to make up for my sights windage limitations. I don't know much about lining up a center shot, so I am asking you guys, maybe he was slightly off?
If your center shot is off, the arrows are leaving the bow crooked. You want the string, rest, and sight pin all to be in a straight line. Are you sure that the center shot is good? Did the shop paper tune or walkback tune the bow? Just because they are an archery shop, does not necessarily mean they did it right.

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
Actually if your bow is set up proper...your sight pin will sit just left of the string about 1/16 of an inch.

· Registered
3,547 Posts
Its an issue with the rest..You need to get the center shot correct then adjust from there..Very small adjustments at a time..
1/16th of an inch adjustment on the rest can make dramatic changes to your arrow flight.

· Registered
803 Posts
+1 Hoythunter01 is absolutly right. Its actually easy if you have a pretty good eye, just take a look at the string and center it on you grip then look down the arrow in the rest. Everything should look pretty straight except the sight should be to the left ever so slightly. This same thing happened to me before I started doing everything myself. Recenter shot the bow and then I had a ton of windage adjustment.

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
I've set up many bows with my eyeballs and ended up with very little adjustments shooting through paper. I appreciate the pat on the back !!!

· Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I will take a look at my bow tomorrow, if I can't get it right, I will be down to visit Hinton Archery in Murray. Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.