Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Bushnell Yardage Pro " Scout " range finder. It has all four features, Rain Mode, Zip Mode, Scan Mode, and Reflective Mode. I think this is a good deal for $ 249.00. Any views on this model only.It also has a range of 300 yards to a deer.

The other range finder I am looking at is the Nikon 440 for $ 199.00 or the Nikon 600 for $ 269.00. They have Scan Mode and Rain Mode, they say no Zip Mode, which is seeing through brush and grass, Nikon says it looks through partial grass and brush, How much is partial and is it enough. Is Zip Mode that important? Want to buy soon, Please give good info and opinions.

·
74,535 Posts
Nikon 440

Is better than Bushnell.

I have owned them both Nikon works for me.

·
StringMakerExtraordinaire
2,225 Posts
I have the Bushnell Scout. I don't know of any "rain" mode. The "zip" mode you reffer to is the ">150" mode. It will ignore any impulses from objects less than 150 yards so you can range through bushes beyond 150 yards. I'm quite pleased with my Bushnell. It's dead on all the time. And yes , periodically I do check it against known yardages.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Had the bushnell 400, had problem and had to send back to factory. Bushnell does not stand behind their products. they wanted $150.00 for replacement range finder. Since went to nikon 440 and so far really like them. Let's see how nikon stands behind their warrenty when needed.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Bushnell 500

I own the Bushnell 500 and it works great for me it has all of the same features you described. I couldn't see paying that much more for Nikon, I think I only paid $189 when I bought it this year

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I use my Nikon 440 ALOT and it is the best I've found so far . I had a 400 and it just quit working for some reason ( batteries were good , it just died ) . I sent it back to Nikon and they replaced it no charge with a new 440 .
Great product and they back their stuff .
Hope that helps ,
Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.