Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a new range finder, I had an old bushnell that I was happy with, but it was a few years old and technology sure has changed over the years. Just wanted to get yall's opinion on any of the new one. I know the newer ones have the "arc" technology etc... does this really work or is it just a gimmick?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
I don't have a new arc one, but my friend has used it rifle hunting and he swears by it on really long shots. I'll bet it's nice to have.

·
Born yank raised south
16,572 Posts
It works I have a Bushnell 1000 ARC. Take measurements in your stand about 20 ft up to the base of a tree 50 yards distance. Then take the same reading to the same tree 50 yards distance at your 20 foot level and you will see the differnce. I think in the mountains or hilly terrain it would be even more of a pronounced distance between the two readings. Better yet shoot a target at 50 yards distance while 20 foot up with readings from a non arc rangefider and then with reading from a rangefider with ARC you should see diffeent impact points with your arrows.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I think the ARC is better used for long distance rifle shooting. Anything inside of 40yds isn't really that big of a distance adjustment. Bottom line, aim low. If you want to sell your old Bushnell, shoot me a PM. I may be interested.

·
Vendor
90,368 Posts
the arc is great...but you can do without it....if you are taking really long shots or in moutaineous range if would be beneficial...pm if you need help or the at specials

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have the leupold rx-600 (which does not have ARC) and my dad has the rx-1000i which does have the ARC. 20-40 yards we only saw a 3-4 yard difference, but once you get past 100yards you see a more increase in the yardage difference. Even when we climbed the same tree 20ft up at 20-40 yards we still only saw a 3-4 yardage difference. Personally for bow hunting I like my rx-600, plus my bow from day 1 has been tuned with it, so I'm dead on with it. Just my opinion bud.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I like mine also.I set up on ridges with benches behind me at times.2o feet up in the tree and another 25 to 30 feet to the bench below.Huge difference in shot placement.If a big boy sneeks in behind me I want that oppertunity for the shot.
It works I have a Bushnell 1000 ARC. Take measurements in your stand about 20 ft up to the base of a tree 50 yards distance. Then take the same reading to the same tree 50 yards distance at your 20 foot level and you will see the differnce. I think in the mountains or hilly terrain it would be even more of a pronounced distance between the two readings. Better yet shoot a target at 50 yards distance while 20 foot up with readings from a non arc rangefider and then with reading from a rangefider with ARC you should see diffeent impact points with your arrows.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Check out the OptiLogic Micro II....Angle compensation built in, smaller and lighter than any other rangefinders I've seen, bright red LED readout and OptiLogic are the ones who brought angle compensation into hunting rangefinders.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wish I could say I still had it. Left it in my truck one morning on some public land to come back and find my window busted out...they got my bow case with a few extra arrows, broad heads etc, the range finder, and and some cd's.

·
Huh?
1,684 Posts
I have a Bushnell with arc. The arc feature only really comes in handy when I hunt some really steep terrain. I have had maybe two situations where it saved me some headaches. That being said its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts